From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amali Thumali is an upcoming Tamil comedy film directed by K. S. Adhiyaman
and produced by Jeevagan. The film features Nakul and Shanthnu in the lead Amali Thumali
roles, while Swati plays a pivotal role. The film has been described as a tale Directed by K. S. Adhiyaman
about two college students who are academically poor and it is about their Produced by T. Jeevagan
antics.The film was about to release near June 2012 but the shooting delay
postponed the release date to October 2012.  Shanthnu
Cast Nikeesha Patel
Nakul Music by Sivamani
Shanthnu Cinematography Ram Gunasekaran
Parimal Studio Angai Cine Arts
Release date(s) October 15, 2012
Sanjana Singh Language Tamil
Lollu Sabha Jeeva
The film was initially titled Nanba and had a tagline of 2 Idiots, and thus the media reported confusion between this film and
Shankar's Nanban, the remake of the 2009 Hindi film 3 Idiots. The film was later renamed as Amali Thumali.
Scenes were shot in Coimbatore in June 2011, with Nakul celebrating his birthday on the sets of the film. Further
schedules were expected to be held in Fiji and the Andamans. The team shot in Fiji in September 2011 with Santhanam
joing them for the shoot. 
1. ^ "3 Idiots v/s 2 Idiots!" . Sify.com. 2011-02-20. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
2. ^ "Shantanu & Nakul: 2 Idiots" . Behindwoods.com. 2011-02-17. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-
3. ^ "Retail Plus Chennai" . The Hindu. 2011-02-20. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
4. ^ http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/71652.html
5. ^ "Nakul celebrates his birthday in Kovai" . Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-06-16. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
6. ^ "Nakul-Santhanu in Nanba" . IndiaGlitz. 2011-02-17. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
7. ^ http://www.fijisun.com.fj/main_page/view.asp?id=61481
via Amali Thumali