Wildlife Photography Tours: Tips and Techniques to Take Photographs
Photography has touched lives in happy as well as sad moments. As the moments of present can be captured
to be savoured in future, tourist and specifically, wildlife enthusiasts develop a special bond with this vocation.
They not only capture the essence of the area but also the mood of the nature in all the shades of dusk and
dawn. If you have also planned to have some free time as wildlife photography holidays, then tours in India can
help you bring best of the camera. But before you can capture the best moments of nature, there are many
small tips that can help increase the appeal and quality of the picture.
Some adjustments and techniques
The Technique Photography is
1. Most of the photographer like to use large telephoto lenses but for clear focus and magnification, macro
lenses of tiny size could be employed for best output.
2. Although, you never know when the most wonderful scenery is going to present itself in front of you,
best time for the shooting is considered dusk and dawn when colours of nature are distinct and vivid.
Also, this is time when the wildlife is most active.
3. Digital SLR cameras are best if you enjoy this activity very much. Nothing except quality can satiate a
true art lover.
4. Animal are more comfortable in front of vehicle rather than a human. You can use this fact to
photograph animals. Still, remaining cautious and steady will always serve.
5. To avoid camera shake, use tripod camera stand or edge of the glass of the window (vehicle). 70-
300mm lens with specific sensor and shutter speed of 1/600 of a second can serve purpose very well.
For clicking birds, it may go as high as 1/1000 of a second.
6. On wildlife photography tour, you will be presented with rare chances of click, so do not shy away to get
best devices for best results.
The Art Photography Is
1. Apart from the technical aspects, there are some tips regarding the art itself. Knowing about the subject
of your project is the first thing. Do research, talk to hunters and wildlife conservationists, who have
spent a good part of their life tracking, studying and caring for animals.
2. Know the area you have chosen for the shoot, the climate and the maintenance of the equipment in that
3. Patience almost always pays. If you have waited enough, there is still scope of more wait but know that
you must be waiting at the right place.
4. Photographs are visual stories. Craft them in a way that they indulge the viewer in to experiencing
everything that you had experienced while clicking that picture.
5. Try not to be distraction for the object of your camera.
Your holidays with wildlife photography on mind can become amazing with these tips on this craft. Enjoy!
Author is an expert in writing informative articles about holidaying and wildlife activities in India. He has also
given his words to many articles about wildlife photography holidays. You can also plan your wildlife tours in
India in a blissful way by getting information from these articles.