ICT Exercise Sheet
Key Skills Demonstrated: enter text, spellcheck, save, font and font size, underline, bold,
italics, alignment, insert and format graphics, print, close
Exercise: 2 Peter Pan
Enter text or follow instructions below the line;
“Second to the right and straight on till morning.”
That, Peter had told Wendy, was the way to Neverland; but even birds, carrying
maps and consulting them at windy corners, could not have sighted it with these
instructions. Peter, you see, just said anything that came into his head.
At first his companions trusted him implicitly, and so great were the delights of
flying that they wasted time circling round church towers or any other tall objects
on the way that took their fancy.
John and Michael raced, Michael getting a start.
They recalled with contempt that not long ago they had thought themselves fine
fellows for being able to fly round a room.
Now carry out the following;
1. Spellcheck and proof read the text
2. Save As peter pan
3. Change the heading to Algerian 24pt, underlined and bold, centre aligned
4. Change the body text to Comic Sans MS 12pt
5. Change paragraph one to Italics, left aligned
6. Change paragraph two to centre aligned starting with a drop cap
436accea-b66a-47e4-8b74-c888177f824c.doc Page 1 of 2
7. Right align paragraph three
8. Using this basic format add any graphics, borders or formatting to make this
suitable for a young child
9. Save As peter pan completed
10. Print document
11. Close document
436accea-b66a-47e4-8b74-c888177f824c.doc Page 2 of 2