Kappa Delta Pi
Executive Meeting Minutes
September 6, 2006
I. The meeting was called to order at 11:30 a.m. by Co-President Brett Parks in
II. All officers were in attendance, although sponsor Dr. David Pratt was absent.
III. Meeting was called in an effort to discuss fundraising ideas and workshops for
IV. Old Business
a. Fundraising- Praxis raffle does not meet PNC regulations for raising
i. Foundation Representative Jeff Edinger will be in contact with
Hacienda to schedule a Give Back Night. KDP hopes to pass out
tickets during Assessment Workshop.
ii. Tee-shirts- Historian Jessica Betz called for an estimate of the cost
of tee-shirts. For white tee-shirts the cost would be $4.00 a shirt.
We need to give the company an estimate along with a template on
Microsoft Word for a logo. Possibly funny catch phrases.
iii. Pampered Chef- set for October and will be hosted by Membership
Chair Laura Miller.
b. Service Project-
i. Co-President Devon Mulligan visited the United Way website for
an idea. He found an organization for abused and neglected
children in LaPorte county.
ii. Ideas include hosting a Field Day for the children with games and
fun for the children.
iii. Rewarding for us and fun the kids.
iv. Devon emailed a contact and is waiting for a response.
c. Budget Report
i. Treasurer Kim Socha reported the budget is $1,325.08.
ii. She does not believe the newest initiation fees were entered yet.
iii. Co-President Devon Mulligan set the goal for KDP to double the
budget and raise $2,500.00 at the years end.
d. Committee reports
i. Assessment Workshop- Rich Pearson along with two kindergarten
teachers from Westville Elementary will be speaking at the
September 29th workshop.
ii. The date has been changed to Friday, September 29th at 1:00-3:00.
iii. This workshop will be mandatory for student teachers.
iv. Dr. Pratt is willing to pay substitute teacher fees to have the
teachers in the afternoon.
v. An email will be sent to all education students asking them to
RSVP to the workshop. RSVP will need to be done by September
vi. Co Vice President Julie Gant will work on getting room LSF 02 for
vii. Various officers and sponsor Deb Defoor will go to each block to
tell students about the workshop.
e. Technology Workshop
i. Technology workshop committee consists of Co-President Brett
Parks, Co-Vice President Ashley Davis, Secretary Megan Vedo,
and Foundation Representative Jeff Edinger.
ii. Date remains the same.
V. New Business
i. is set for October 14, 2006 from 4:30-9:30 at Jackie Covault’s
b. Retired Teacher Forum
i. SEA and KDP will work together for this workshop.
ii. Change the title to Master Teacher Forum, Club Representative
Stephanie Bernier will communicate with SEA about name
c. PNC Halloween Party
i. October 26 is the date of the annual Halloween Party. SEA and
KDP will work together in sponsoring a table with a Halloween
ii. Membership Chair Laura Miller will head the committee.
iii. Laura will contact the active members of KDP to find volunteers to
participate in the event.
VI. Open Discussion
a. Membership Chair Laura Miller commented on education students not
knowing the benefits of KDP and why they should join.
i. Ideas for more membership included:
1. Personalized invitations
2. List of benefits for joining
a. Co-President Devon Mulligan commented on the great work the officers
have already put forth. He believes in our hard work and knows it will be
easy this year with all of us working together.
VIII. Meeting was adjourned at 12:25 p.m.