American Association of University Professors
TO: The Executive Committee
FROM: John Slimick, Secretary
RE: Meeting notes for September 25,2010
Secretary admits that in the confusion attending the end of the conference and the Executive
Committee meeting, the attendance sheet was lost. The following were there and the
Secretary would appreciate help in reconstituting the attendance list. The Secretary is
confident that the following were there.
John Hinshaw, President firstname.lastname@example.org
John Slimick, Secretary and Treasurer email@example.com
Tim Blessing firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Valgenti email@example.com
The meeting began at 2:00PM:
Meeting Notes: The notes of the August meeting were read and approved.
The Treasurer’s Report was read and approved.
The Secretary was instructed to send “Thank you”s to the conference speakers.
2. The New Constitution
There was a discussion about the differences between “general meeting”, “yearly
meeting”, and “special meeting”.
The questions “What is a quarterly meeting? ” and “What is a quorum? ” were
I have a note to the effect
VI-3 "quarterly meeting of the Division's Executive
I can’t remember the impact of this.
The revised constitution passed
3. Dues for Graduate Students
There is no central discussion yet. A motion for reduced dues for those of
post-doctoral status was passed.
4. Money for leadership Conferences
The consensus as I recall was that this Division would pay the remaining
expenses after whatever help National and others provided.
Among the Leadership Conferences mentioned were:
• The Maryland training workshop (October 5);
• New Leaders Conference in Louisville (October 31) Dr. Beverly Gaddy
• Shared Government (November 12 – 14).
A motion was made, seconded, and passed concerning support for establishing
new chapters or reestablishing dormant ones.
5. Status of Selected Colleges
• Holy Family was visited twice by Dr. Hinshaw. There is no tenure and the
school is micro-managed.
• Delaware Valley has collective bargaining. It features either shared
governance or contracts.
• The Pennsylvania State University has three members included in the
momentum towards chapters at U.P. and at Harrisburg.
• Bryn Mawr is looking at forming a chapter.
The next meeting will held at Ludwig’s Corners on November 20, 2010, at 12:00PM.