Create A Baby Activity
1. Use this form along with the “Master Trait List” to fill in your traits:
Trait Your Genotype Your Baby’s Phenotype (physical
(letters) Genotype (letters) appearance) of your
EX: Aa (see AA (you do this Almond eyes
instructions on after combining
how to Egg and Sperm)
Shape of Eyes
Cleft in Chin
Size of Nose
Length of Eye
Size of Eyes
Size of Mouth
Shape of Face
Position of Eyes
Shape of Lips
Size of Ears
Answer the Following Questions:
1. What is a karyotype and how can it be used by doctors/parents?
2. How many total chromosomes are present in this karyotype? ______
a. How many are sex chromosomes?_______
b. How many are autosomes?________
c. What’s the difference between the 2 types of chromosomes?
3. Are all the chromosomes the same? Provide at least 2 differences between them.
4. What do the bands/ letters on the chromosomes represent? Give at least one example from
this activity. (NOTE: your chromosomes really don’t have letters on them).
5. Draw a chromosome and label where you’d find DNA and genes on that chromosome. Also,
label the sister chromatids and the centromere.
6. Chromosomes occur in pairs (homologous pairs). Where does each chromosome of the pair
originate? Draw one example from your activity.
7. What is the gender of this individual? How do you know?
8. For how many traits is this individual:
A) Homozygous Recessive?_______ Give an example ______
B) Homozygous Dominant? _______ Give an example ______
C) Heterozygous? _______ Give an example _____