Qualitative Research Worksheet
Part 1. Answer the following questions based upon your reading of the Journal of Agricultural
Education article “Stakeholder Effect: A Qualitative Study Of The Influence Of Farm Leaders'
Ideas On A Sustainable Agriculture Education Program For Adults”
1. How much time was spent by the researcher with the farmers in this study?
2. How does Grudens-Schuck characterize her overall information gathering process?
3. Grudens-Schuck states, “Ethnography also requires that at least part of the results be
presented in _________ form, including ________ quotations, so that readers may experience
the data more directly than is possible through presentation of statistical results.”
4. Specifically, what ethnographic research methods were used by Grudens-Schuck?
5. What were the extension educators’ attitudes toward the way the Farm Plan was marketed?
6. In your opinion, what were Grudens-Shucks most significant findings?
7. Identify three ways in which this research report differs from the more quantitative studies you
may have read.
8. What is your assessment of the quality of this research? Why?
Part II Identify three specific research studies a researcher (possibly you) could conduct in your
discipline that utilizes an ethnographic approach. For each study develop a title for the study,
identify the major research question or purpose of the study, and briefly describe the
methodology that would be used. PLEASE THINK THIS ASSIGNMENT THROUGH AND TRULY
IDENTIFY ETHNOGRAPHIC METHODS.