Signs of Operational Stress
Shakiness/trembling Headaches Misconduct
Fatigue Insomnia Anger
Anxiety Alcohol abuse Loss of confidence
Exhaustion Confusion Apathy/Isolation
What To Do?
• Train to develop mutual reliance, teamwork and trust
• Impart pride and lead by example and inspiration!
• Conduct realistic and tough training
• Promote physical fitness and practice good sleep habits
• Pass on mission essential information and control rumors
• Know each sailor’s personal background
• Plan and use regular stress debriefings before and after
• Ensure all sailor’s know about operational stress and
Psychological First Aid
• Ensure referral of stress injuries to appropriate level of care
and reintegration of returning sailors back to unit.