Javed Ahmad Bhalli
Sex: Male Birth: September 9, 1970
Place of Birth: Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan Religion: Islam
Cell No: +92-333-8664450 Email: JABHALLI@YAHOO.COM
PhD (Biotechnology): 2004 - Date
Research Work complete, Thesis write up at final stage.
Research Project: “Genotoxic Environmental Risk Assessment of Pesticides Using
University: Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan / National Institute for
Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE), Faisalabad, Pakistan.
M.Phil (Biotechnology): 1994 – 1996
Research Project: “Mutagenecity Testing of Tannery Effluents by Ames Test and
Microtiter Plate Assay”.
University: National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE),
Faisalabad, Pakistan / Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
1. Tayyaba Ali, Javed A. Bhalli, Shahid M. Rana and Qaiser M. Khan (2008). Cytogenetic
Damage in Female Pakistani Agricultural Workers Exposed to Pesticides. Environ. Mol.
2. Javed A. Bhalli, Q. M. Khan and A. Nasim (2006). DNA Damage in Pakistani Pesticide-
Manufacturing Workers Assayed Using the Comet Assay. Environ Mol Mutag 47:587 593.
3. Javed A.Bhalli, Q.M.Khan, M.A.Haq, A.M.Khalid and A.Nasim (2006). Cytogenetic analysis
of Pakistani individuals occupationally exposed to pesticides in a pesticide production industry.
Mutagenesis 21: 143–148.
4. Javed A. Bhalli and Q. M. Khan (2006). Pollution Level Analysis in Tannery Effluents
collected from three different cities of Punjab, Pakistan. Pak J Bio Sc. 9(3): 418-421.
CURRICULUM VITAE 2
5. Javed A. Bhalli, M. Aurangzeb and M.B. Ilyas (2001). Chemical control of Bakanae disease
of rice caused by Fusarium moniliforme. J. Bio. Sc. 1(6):483-484.
1. Javed A. Bhalli, Tayyaba Ali, M.R. Asi, Zafar M. Khalid, Marcello Ceppi and Qaiser M.
Khan. DNA Damage in Pakistani Agricultural Workers Exposed to Mixture of Pesticides. In
Environ Mol Mutag (Revision Submitted )
2. Guadalupe Prado, Javed Ahmad Bhalli and Ricard Marcos. Heptachlor and heptachlor
epoxide genotoxicity in cultured human cells. Mutat Res (Under Review)
Javed. A. Bhalli, T. Ali, R. Tabassum, Q.M. Khan. Cytogenetic and molecular
biomonitoring of sprayers exposed to pesticides in cotton fields in Pakistan. Society of
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETC), 3-7 August, 2008. Sydney, Australia.
1. Javed A. Bhalli, Tayyaba Ali, M.R. Asi and Qaiser M. Khan (2007). DNA Damage analysis
of Pakistani Agricultural Workers Exposed to Mixture of Pesticides; A Follow-up Study. 38th
Annual Meeting of Environmental Mutagen Society, October 20–24, 2007. Atlanta, Georgia,
2. Javed A. Bhalli and Q.M. Khan (2006). Use of Hematological, Biochemical and Genetic
Biomarkers to Monitor Pakistani Agriculture Workers Exposed to Pesticides; A Follow-Up
Study. EMS Annual Meeting, Sept 16-20, 2006 Vancouver , British Columbia, Canada.
3. Javed A. Bhalli and Q.M. Khan (2005) Cytogenetic biomonitoring of a group of Pakistani
workers involved in pesticide production. Global Issues in Genetic Toxicology and
Environmental Mutagenesis. 9th International Conference on Environmental Mutagens, 4-8
September 2005, San Francisco, USA.