1. So, tell me a little about yourself.
2. How long have you been looking for a job?
3. Why do you want to leave your current position?
4. What kind of work do you want to do?
5. Do you know much about our company, department, and team?
6. Why would you like to work for us?
7. What are you expectations of your future employer?
8. What are you best professional skills?
9. What goals have you set for yourself, and how do you plan to achieve
10. How have previous jobs equipped you for greater responsibility?
11. Tell me about your last job?
12. What did (or do) you enjoy most about your last job?
13. What did (or do) you enjoy least about your last job?
14. Why did you leave your last job? (Or why are you planning to leave your
15. Of all the work you have done, where have you been most successful?
16. In your opinion what does it take to be successful in your particular area?
17. Why do you think you were successful in your last job?
18. Tell me about the methods you’ve developed to accomplish a job.
19. What are your greatest strengths in the workplace?
20. What are your greatest weaknesses in the workplace?
21. What technical decisions have you had to make in your last job?
22. What decisions or judgment calls did you have to make in these areas?
23. Have you ever been in any kind of a managerial position?
24. Can you describe a situation where a crisis occurred and you had to shift
priorities and workload quickly?
25. What kind of ideas have you developed or implemented that were
particularly creative or innovative?
26. What are the most difficult aspects of your current job, and how do you
27. Do you work mostly with other colleagues, or alone? Which do you
28. Please take me through your professional career, and tell me why you
have chosen this particular field?
29. What are your long-range goals?
30. If we hired you, what are the top three goals you would like to see this
31. What can you do for us that someone else cannot?
32. What are the three top reasons for your success?
33. What kind of leader are you? Please provide an example.
34. Can you describe a major project in which you encountered problems?
35. How did you resolve them, and what were the results?
36. What kind of people do you find it most difficult to work with?
37. Starting with your last job, tell me about any of your achievements
that were recognized by your superiors.
38. Can you give me an example of your ability to manage or
39. What are some things you would like to avoid in a job? Why?
40. In your previous job what kind of pressures did you encounter?
41. What would you say is the most important thing you are looking
for in a job?
42. What are some things you particularly liked about your last job?
43. Do you consider your progress on the job representative of your
44. What special aspects of your education or training have prepared
you for this job?
45. What courses in school have been of most help in doing your job?
46. What is your long-term employment or career objective?
47. What kind of job do you see yourself holding five years from now?
48. What do you feel you need to develop in terms of skill &
knowledge in order to be ready for that opportunity?
49. Why might you be successful in such a job?
50. How does this job fit in with your overall career goals?
51. What would you most like to accomplish if you had this job?
52. What might make you leave this job?
53. What kind of things do you feel most confident in doing?
54. What do you think are the most important characteristics &
abilities a person must possess to become a successful? How do
you rate yourself in these areas?
55. Tell me specifically what you do in the civic activities in which you
56. How do you keep up with what's going on in your company / your
industry/ your profession?
57. Describe how you determine what constitutes top priorities in the
performance of your job.
58. Do you have a long & short-term plan for your department? Is it
59. When judging the performance of your subordinate, what factors
or characteristics are most important to you?
60. What approach do you take in getting your people to accept your
ideas or department goals?
61. What specifically do you do to set an example for your employees?
62. How frequently do you meet with your immediate subordinates as
63. What sort of leader do your people feel you are? Are you
64. How do you get people who do not want to work together to
establish a common approach to a problem?
65. Have you ever done any public or group speaking? Recently?
Why? How did it go?
66. Have you made any individual presentations recently? How did
67. What is the extent of your participation in major reports that have
to be written?
68. Do you feel pressure in your job? Tell me about it.
69. What has been the highest-pressure situation you have been under
in recent years? How did you cope with it?
70. Well, based on what we have discussed, how do you feel about this job?
71. What implications have you drawn from the information?
72. What have you been able to learn about our firm and our senior
73. Do you want this job? (Hope for positive answer) Then why haven’t you
asked for it?
74. When can you start?
75. Do you have any questions?