1. Give students a whiteboard (or paper) and pen.
2. Explain that they are going to play a game where
they have to guess a text type by looking at clues
they have been given.
3. Reveal the title on the OHP.
4. Reveal the first clue. Students write down their
guess and after 5 seconds, they hold up their
5. Teacher looks around the class and says ‘X
number of people are correct’ but does not say
who the correct answers belong to.
6. Explain to students that they can change their
guess at any time.
7. After each clue, when the students hold up their
answers, the teacher tells the class the number
of correct answers.
8. Finally the last clue is revealed and students
must hold up their ‘Final’ – unchangeable –
9. Most students will probably have written Agony
10. Teacher tells students correct answer and
discusses the clues.