Romeo and Juliet
Act I & II Quiz
Directions: Fill in the blank, where blanks are provided. There may be more than one
correct answer for each blank. When possible answers are provided, circle the answer
that best completes the sentence or answers the question.
Act 1, Scene 1
1. The next person to start a civil brawl will be (laughed at, killed, in an eating
contest, none of these).
2. Romeo is sad because _______________________________.
Act I, Scene 2
3. Lord Capulet has a conversation with _______________, because he wants to
4. Romeo and (Mercutio, Benvolio, Peter) find out about the party from
Act I, Scene 3
5. The nurse claims that Paris is a very good looking man. What are the exact words
she uses? _________________________
Act I, Scene 4
6. Romeo feels that something __________ is going to happen as a result of going to
7. Mercutio claims that dreamers often do what? (Tell the truth, Sleep a lot, Lie,
None of these)
8. Queen Mab travels through _____________, in a carriage made of (little atomies,
spiders’ legs, grasshopper wings, all of these).
Act I, Scene 5
9. ____________________ recognizes Romeo and gets angry at his presence.
10. Romeo finds out Juliet is a (Capulet, Montague), and Juliet finds out Romeo is a
Act II, Scene 1
11. Romeo’s friends, ______________ and _______________ are poking fun at him.
Act II, Scene 2
12. This is usually called the _____________________ scene.
13. Romeo and Juliet decide to ______________________________.
14. Romeo leaves to confide in (Friar John, Friar Laurence, neither, both).
Act II, Scene 3
15. Friar Laurence enjoys working with _________________.
16. Friar Laurence says he will ____________ Romeo and Juliet, because (he doesn’t
like them, it will end the feud, he is very hungry, he needs money).
Act II, Scene 4
17. ______________________ sent a letter to Romeo, challenging him to a duel.
18. Mercutio makes fun of __________________, saying she is as big as
19. The nurse desires to talk with _________________ because she needs to get
information about _____________________________.
20. Romeo says the secret wedding will take place at _______________________
and that she should use (a headache, a hospital visit, confession, none of these) as
an excuse to leave the house.
Act II, Scene 5
21. The nurse (approves, disapproves) of Romeo.
22. The nurse tells Juliet to go to _______________________ cell, where she will be