From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Abigail Pierrepont (Abby) Johnson  (born December 19, 1961) is an
American businesswoman. Johnson is President of Fidelity Investments Personal
and Workplace Investing. Fidelity is led by her father, Edward C. (Ned) Johnson Born December 19, 1961 (age 50)
III. Residence Boston, Massachusetts [1 ]
Citizenship United States [1 ]
Education William Smith College
1 Education & career
Harvard Business School
2 Awards, honors, and society memberships
Occupation President, Fidelity Investments
Personal, Workplace and
4 See also Institutional Services [2 ]
Net worth US$ 10.3 billion (est.)
(Forbes, March 2012) [2 ]
Education & career Spouse Christopher J. McKown
(m. 1988) [3 ][4 ]
Johnson is an alumna of Buckingham Browne & Nichols school (secondary
education), Hobart and William Smith Colleges (B.A. in art history, 1984), and Children two [1 ][4 ]
Harvard Business School (M.B.A., 1988). She lives in Milton, Massachusetts. Relatives Edward C. Johnson II
(grandfather), Edward C.
After a brief stint as a consultant at Booz Allen & Hamilton from 1985–86 and her Johnson III (father), Edward C.
MBA, she joined her father's company, Fidelity Investments, as an equity portfolio Johnson IV (brother) [5 ]
manager from 1988 until 1997. She was promoted to an executive role in Fidelity
Management and Research (FMR) in 1997 and has held various senior executive posts inside FMR, Fidelity Institutional
Retirement Services and Fidelity Investments since then.
Awards, honors, and society memberships
Johnson currently serves as a member of the Committee on Capital Markets Regulation. She is also a member of the Board
of Directors of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA).
According to Forbes, she is the 22nd richest person in the United States and 48th in the world, with a net worth of $11.3
billion in September 2010.  During the same period, her father was 33rd in the U.S. and 85th in the world with net worth of
Lists of billionaires
1. ^ a b c "The World's Billionaires (2010): #48 Abigail Johnson". Forbes. March 3, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
2. ^ a b c "Forbes 400 Richest Americans (2010): #22 Abigail Johnson" . Forbes. September 16, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
3. ^ a b "Abby Johnson Has Wedding" . The New York Times. June 26, 1988. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
4. ^ a b "Fidelity: Here Comes Abby" . BusinessWeek. July 8, 2002. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
5. ^ Lau, Debra (May 21, 2001). "Fidelity Promotes Abigail Johnson To President" . Forbes. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
6. ^ "Forbes profile page on Edward Johnson III" . Forbes. September 16, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
via Abigail Johnson