1200870 Sales Account Manager - Ankeny, IA
Praxair is a global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-
performance coatings, and related services and technologies. Among the gases we supply are oxygen,
nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, helium, and hydrogen.
JOB PURPOSE: Grow sales revenues and profits to gain new strategic opportunities, and meet
sales targets within an assigned designated geographic area or group of customer accounts.
Accountable for achieving a quota by seeking out new customers and maintaining a productive
working relationship with existing customers.
SCOPE: Under little supervision, this individual contributor is accountable for maintaining and
expanding profitable contracts with large, key and/or complex accounts often consisting of
multiple products. Employees in this position exercise independent discretion and judgment in
managing the pricing of sales up to a preset %, with anything outside those parameters requiring
* Promotes sales, introduces the organization's programs and provides account service to cross
section large, key and/or complex accounts. Focuses on profit improvement and gaining new
* Monitors external trends, develops procedures, makes judgments and uses best practices and
knowledge of internal or external business issues to recommend, develop, leverage and/or
improve products or services.
* Meet personal sales targets as established, incorporating the full range of products/services
within identified markets or geography. Typically large accounts require ongoing client
* Maintains and increases existing revenue stream.
* Provides training and development to less seasoned sales personnel as needed.
* Represent Praxair in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
* Uses account management tools to ensure ongoing accuracy of customer information.
* In the process of doing business with the customers, develops knowledge and collects data on
the account's business, products, processes, growth opportunities and customers, to better
understand general market and specific customer needs.
* Develop an account plan for each account, incorporating a fully developed customer needs
analysis, including long and short term goals and tactics, pricing strategy and a renegotiation
* Maintains good coordination and communication with other sales groups, and functional
groups, such as marketing, customer service, production, engineering, logistics, law and others,
to ensure that the account strategies are aligned with the available resources and market
* Acts as the focal point to address and resolve any issues, questions, problems or opportunities
that may arise during the sales/customer relationship.
* Understands competitive activity and strategies with in assigned area/group of customers.
Monitor s competitive activity and maintains competitive intelligence databases.
* Understands the value of Praxair's products and application technology in developing pricing
recommendations. Recognizes and expands opportunities at existing customers bringing
solutions and value to customers.
* Thoroughly understands and communicates Praxair's Product Supply Agreements regarding
terms & conditions, liability issues and compensation on commercial issues.
* Builds and manages relationships with assigned customers, using the Praxair organization to
strengthen and broaden those relationships when appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree required (preferably in Engineering or Business)
5 years sales experience required
2-3 years of industrial gas sales experience
To apply for this position, please go to:
Job ID: 1200870