Flagger Certification and Flagging Training
A. (1) It is the responsibility of the contractor to provide flagger (s) to direct traffic when construction
takes place on or near the surface with the passengers.
(2) Except as required by an emergency or for situations not reasonably be expected to last more
than 15 minutes, the alert should not be performed by other authorized flaggers. Flaggers must wear
a branded card valid certification. Flagger certification card is valid for a period of two years from the
date of issue.
B. (1) The contractor will be responsible for training and certification of the standard bearers of
employees on the project. Certification must meet the standards set forth in this document and the
"Guidelines for Flagger Training and Certification of Flaggers" available in the Department.
Certification cards issued under these rules for other entrepreneurs, provided they have not expired
shall be considered valid.
(2) Flaggers must be familiar with the contents of the "Flagging Handbook," and makes a copy of the
publication of their person while performing tasks flagger. This publication is available in engineering.
C. To obtain Flagging Certification, you must:
(1) Be in good health and normal vision and hearing loss.
(2) Be able to read and speak English.
(3) See the video of 45 minutes "the flag".
(4) Correctly answer 80 percent of the questions on a test that accompanies the video.
D. After successfully completing the procedure for training and testing, the flag should be looking for a
certification card issued by the contractor Signalman review. The name of the flag, social security
number, and test results should be reported to the construction engineer on Form 90 DR "Flagger
E. Video review forms, flakes certification card, flag, certification reports, and "Guidelines for Flagger
Training and Certification of Flaggers' shall be furnished by the Department"
Flagger Certification and Training Related Articles
Certified Flagger Training
Flagging / Flaggers Certification
Flagger Certification Training
Flagger Training Class