RExO Job Developer
******************** GRANT FUNDED POSITION **************************
Identify placement opportunities for RExO Program participants.
Place RExO program participants into employment.
Establish positive relationships with employers, staffing agencies, worksites, participants, referring agencies
and participants to successfully implement GIUMSC’s mission services.
Coordinate with Career Development Services staff, other departments and agencies to establish and
implement appropriate services for the participants of GIUMSC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops relationships with employers to identify potential employment opportunities for RExO
2. Contacts employers by phone, email and in-person to determine employment needs and educate
them about the RExO Program
3. Places RExO program participants in competitive employment
4. Conducts awareness and educational presentations to employer groups, agencies, United Way,
Chambers of Commerce and other organizations as needed.
5. Organizes and facilitates “lunch and learn” events and job fairs.
6. Develops and prioritizes job leads.
7. Assists program participants with job referrals.
8. Works with Employment Specialists to identify program participants to refer to employers.
9. Interfaces with RExO program participants in order to “sell” the hiring of the program participant to
10. Develops and uses various reporting tools and spreadsheets to track employment “forecasts”
employer contacted, placement status and retention.
11. Provides post-placement follow up with employers to monitor program participant progress,
employer satisfaction and resolve potential issues.
12. Understands and maintains current knowledge of labor market and workforce information.
13. Obtains employer customer satisfaction surveys.
14. Prepares reports and necessary documents for CDS and other entities.
15. Conducts work in safe and responsible manner and complies with all safety standards.
16. Responsible for awareness of and adherence to all company, confidentiality, compliance and safety
policies and procedures.
17. Reports all program, office and staffing issues to Program Manager.
18. Assists in following through on program evaluation and accountability.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and two - three years sales experience; or
combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient and skilled in MS Office (Excel and Word) and Outlook
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of labor market information and employers in the area
· Understanding of selling process
· Ability to network and develop relationships with agencies and employers
· Have a working knowledge and familiarity with basic ADA regulations
· Ability to:
Read, write, speak and understand English
Give and carry out instructions in verbal and written format
Communicate effectively and efficiently
Interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural
backgrounds and people with disabilities and disadvantages
Work extended hours, various schedules and travel
Work independently and demonstrate time management skills
Handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to drive, and must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license,
liability insurance, dependable vehicle, clean driving record.
Job Location: Columbia, South Carolina
EXCELLENT BENEFITS - GOODWILL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/F/D/V
Goodwill Industries helps people become independent through education and training leading to
APPLY ONLINE AT http://www.goodwillsc.org/employment.php