HR AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER- JOB DESCRIPTION
To provide a variety of administrative support services and as well as assisting with Hr related
duties in support of the Human Resources and Administration Functions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. To provide technical support on recruitment, performance management, staff
development, organisational development and benefits/compensation
2. Monitor staffs’ discipline including time and attendance, dress code and other behavioural
aspects advise the Line managers accordingly.
3. Schedule and maintain calendars of HR meetings, trainings and events and coordinate
activities with other departments.
4. Serve as the primary secretarial support to the Human Resources Manager.
5. Respond to complaints and requests for information from senior staff, employees and the
public on regulations, procedures, systems and precedents relating to personnel issues.
6. Verify and review materials for completeness and conformance with established
regulations and procedures.
7. Prepare payroll all for workers accurately and timely and termination payoffs.
8. Organize and maintain filing systems; maintain all HR records.
9. Ensure cleanliness, social and material order at the office.
10. Ensure that all office machines are serviced and operate well all the time.
11. Update internal telephone records of staff contact numbers and job titles.
12. Ensure that travel arrangements and hotel bookings are made as and when required.
13. Ensure effective handling of all incoming and outgoing couriers/mails and all despatches
14. Placing re-orders of stationery and other supplies for all departments in.
15. Ensure availability of refreshments required for staffs’ daily use and for social gathering.
16. Ensure timely delivery and pick of mails from/to the post office or the recipients or ATI
17. Ensure staffs’ adherence to the company HR policies, regulations and procedures.
18. Keep the Hr and Administration manager well-informed of activities, results of efforts and
problems identified/potential problems and recommend corrective actions.
19. To maintain effective negotiation process and harmonious employer/employee
20. Respect confidentiality in discussing customers, staff and organisational matters.
21. The above responsibilities will also include any other duties as may reasonably be required
of the Hr and Administration Officer by the Hr and Administration Manager or
Key Performance Measures:
Arrival to work punctually for more 18 days out of 20 working days in a month.
Discipline and order at the workplace..
No complaints from as for poor Hr services provided
No / few labour disputes.
Low labour turnover.
No salary payment delay or errors
Economical and efficient operation of company cars
Office environment is always clean and conducive for all staffs to work in.
Timely remittance of statutory deductions.
Stationeries and other supplies requirements are met throughout the month.
Telephones and other office machines operate efficiently and economically.
All postal and ATI box mails are picked twice a week and distributed on the day of arrival
All minor HR issues are resolved without being referred to Hr Manager
Harmonious employer/employee relationship.
The Hr and Admin Officer shall report to the Human Resources and Administration Manager.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer shall have good working relationships with all
staffs throughout the company and with all external visitors to the company’s offices
Problem solving, Planning and Decision Making:
Problem solving – Skills necessary for handling all staffs’ problems in a positive and professional
Planning – Essential skills required for making and carrying out one’s daily duties with minimum
Decision Making – Essential ability respond appropriately to all staffs, suppliers and clients who
come to the office or make telephone calls.
Knowledge, Experience, Personal Competencies:
High School certificate.
Knowledge of labour laws, accounting and payroll administration.
A recognized diploma in Human Resources or Business administration or public
Administration. Degree /Master Degrees in relevant disciplines are added advantage.
Working knowledge of all Microsoft office applications.
Good Interpersonal and communication Skills.
A good command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Proficiency in use of computers
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to learn quickly.
Previous two years proven HR experience.
Good customer service skills.
Strong efficiency and punctuality.
Good organisational skills.
Management of diversity