Microsoft Outlook 2003 IMAP/POP Configuration with secure
1. Open Control Panel and open Mail:
2. Select Show Profiles
3. Click Add and enter name as either Utopia-IMAP or Utopia-PoP depending on your
account type and click OK
4. Select add a new email account and click next.
5. Select PoP or Imap, depending on your personal preference:
6. Enter as shown below:
a) Your name: Your name as you would like it to appear to recipients
b) Email address: primary Utopia email address
c) Incoming Server: mail.utopiasystems.net
d) Outgoing Server: mail.utopiasystems.net
e) Username: utopia\utopia username
f) Password: your password
g) Check remember password if desired
7. Click More Settings and go to the Outgoing Server tab and set options as follows:
8. Go to the Advanced tab and set as follows under Server Port Numbers and click OK:
1. Incoming server: Enter 993 as port number and check this server requires an
2. Outgoing server: Enter 25 as port number and check this server requires an
encrypted connection(SSL). If your ISP is blocking port 25 you can alternatively
use port 587.
9. If this is a PoP account, click Test Account Settings: (Test is not available using IMAP)
10. Verify that both tasks complete as shown below and click close:
11. If any task fails, verify that your settings are correct, and if they are contact Utopia
Support at 302-250-4225.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Finish.
14. If you are using IMAP, it is recommended that you open Outlook and configure your
MAPI folder subscription settings..