GENERAL INFORMATION NOTE
THIRTY FIRST GREATER HORN OF AFRICA CLIMATE OUTLOOK FORUM (GHACOF 31); 29 – 30
1. Venue: Kempinski Palace Hotel
2. Accommodation: Kempinski: US$ 200; Sheraton: US$ 150; Menelik: US$ 91; Ali
Sabieh: US$ 67; Rayan: US$ 55; Plein Ciel approximately US$ 100;
Imperial: US: 90. (Book directly or Contact the PR of Djibouti with
WMO for any help required)
3. Transport: The Djibouti Meteorological Service will provide transport to and from
the airport for all the participants who will provide the arrival and
departure time to the local organisers. Taxis are available from the
airports to hotels.
4. Air Tickets: Electronic tickets will be sent to the sponsored participants. No refund
will be provided to any sponsored participant who buys their own ticket
5. DSA: DSA allowance of € 150 will be paid to the ICPAC sponsored
participants. Each participant will be responsible for paying for their
accommodation and any other expenses incurred while at the hotel.
6. Health requirements A vaccination certificate may be required at the entry post
7. Currency Djibouti’s local currency is the Franc and 1 US $ is approximately 177
Djibouti Francs; 1 € is 250 Djibouti Francs. One can change all major
currencies (US$, UK£, EURO, Swiss Francs, J-Yen) in Djibouti.
8. May weather Mean daily Maximum: Temperature: 39ºC
Mean daily Minimum: Temperature: 29 C
Mean Humidity: 70%
9. Time zone Djibouti is in the East African Time Zone (CAT). Djibouti Standard
Time is 3 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+3).
10. Local Tourism Sea beaches
11. Coordinators (i). Overall coordination
Prof Laban A. Ogallo
(ii). Local coordination
Mr. Osman Saad Said
Permanent Representative of Djibouti with WMO