Global Warming Review
1. Global warming is a gradual rise in the Earth’s
average temperature. The temp has risen about 1
degree F already.
2. The greenhouse effect is when excess gases like
CO2 and methane trap the sun’s rays in the
atmosphere and heat up the planet. The gases
form a ‘layer’ that keep the sun’s heat instead of
bouncing back into space.
3. Fossil fuels are created by living things that have
broken down over millions of years, and they
become oil, etc. Burning them creates harmful
emissions like CO2 which damage our
4. The effects of global warming will be longer/
warmer growing seasons in Canada, destruction
of ocean habitats and animal habitats, fresh water
supplies will be affected by rising ocean levels,
and permafrost in the north will melt, causing
huge amounts of CO2 to be released.
5. The Kyoto Protocol was an agreement between
many of the world’s developed nations, in 1997.
The idea was to get each nation to pass laws that
help lower the amount of greenhouse gases that
factory owners produce.