PREREQUISITES TO EFFECTIVE
(Source: Principles of Classroom Management, p171)
1. The teacher is well prepared to teach, with clear goals
and effective strategies.
2. The teacher provides clear directions and explanations of
the learning material.
3. The teacher ensures that students understand the
4. The teacher clearly communicates, rationalizes, and
consistently enforces behavioral expectations.
5. The teacher demonstrates enthusiasm and
encouragement and models the behaviors expected from
6. The teacher builds positive, caring relationships with