Ankeny Education Association
May 20, 2008
The Ankeny Education Association Building Reps met on May 20, 2008 at East Elementary. President Nancy Bakke
called the meeting to order at 4:00.
Treasurer’s Report: Approved.
1. Communication: Jason has the last Communicator on the web. He has done a great job this year. Thanks,
2. Government Affairs: Ginger will be sending out an Email to everyone in August about the meeting with the
School Board Candidates.
3. Membership: Meeting will be held this Thursday to get things ready for the fall membership drive. We will lose 6
members this year due to retirement. We are hoping for a good number for membership in 08-09.
4. Scholarship: Three scholarships were given this year.
5. Public Relations: School Board Appreciation reception was May 19.
6. Contract Maintenance: At this time things are ok.
7. IPD: PSUU is delayed with administration evaluations so these will not be back until summer. There was a
discussion about when and how each building fills these out so we can get more turned in.
8. Negotiations: We will be voting to ratify the contract soon.
9. Social: Went to I –Cubs game. They had a pretty good turn out. We will be looking for someone to fill this spot for
Committee signups-These are getting collected from each building. We still have some spots not
filled in each building so try hard to get them filled.
Friends of Education during Am. Ed. Week-It was decided that we would like to do this next school
Administration Evals-talked about in Committee reports
Retirement Convocation-Everyone thought the program went well. It was mentioned that more
people need to stay for the reception. Attendance was not very good this year.
NEA-RA—PSUU Dinner will be June 10 at 5:30. Biff and Cindy will attend this year.
SILO Passes-This was a great deal for our district.
Bo Bishop/Horace Mann-He will give scholarship money for each person who meets with him to do an
403b account status-Dr. Hansel will meet with Nancy and Jim on Thursday to discuss this.
Constitution & Bylaws to Policies & Procedures-The vote passed, so this will be changed.
o Bylaws: Govt. Affairs, IPD, Membership, Negotiations, PR, Scholarship, Social, Teacher
Summer Paychecks-New Law/Iowa Code-All staff must sign this if you want checks mailed to your
home over the summer
Had the discussion about sending minutes out to members after each
meeting. Do we want to do this???
Nancy will send out schedule for next years meetings. Meeting adjourned at 5:00
AABC- Next meeting is October 6 at 3:45. Respectfully submitted,
Exec Board-Next meeting October 7 at 4:00 Carrie James
Building Rep-Next meeting is October 21 at 4:00 at Ashland Ridge