Applications are invited for the Position of:
Regular Full-time Position
ST. MARTHA’S REGIONAL HOSPITAL SITE, ANTIGONISH, NS
QUALIFICATIONS: - Completion of high school diploma
- Graduate of recognized Laboratory Technician program
DEMONSTRATED: - Recent work experience in a medical lab environment
preferred or willingness to receive on the job training.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a health care team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, methods and techniques related to
specimen procurement or willingness to do on the job training
- Willingness to learn and perform other duties as required
- Willingness to learn and perform computer functions, required for the position
- Depending on operational requirements, duties may be assigned in any section
of the laboratory
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commit to maintain and protect patient, client and personal safety on an
- Annually access the training and education on patient, client and personal
safety made available by GASHA
Job description can be viewed on line at www.gasha.nshealth.ca. Click on job postings. Click on job vacancies. Click
on job descriptions.
UNION: This is a CUPE (Healthcare) unionized position.
NOTE: The successful applicant will have a commitment to the mission and values the Guysborough
Antigonish Strait Health Authority.
Candidate Eligibility: Preference will be given to employees of GASHA. Only those applicants granted
an interview will be contacted.
Applications Must Be Submitted By: June 14, 2012
Please Submit Applications To: Helen Muir, Human Resources Coordinator
25 Bay Street, Antigonish Nova Scotia B2G 2G5
Tele: (902)867-4429; Fax: (902)863-6455
Or Email: Humanresources@gasha.nshealth.ca
When applying online please call (902) 867- 4500 Ext. 4100, Administrative Assistant – HR to verify receipt of
POSTED: May 31, 2012 Competition #: AC-2012-151