Information on the ESL TExES Supplement, and Reimbursement
Each teacher that passes the TExES ESL Exam and attaches it to their credential is
eligible for full reimbursement for the fees from the Bil/ESL Department: Here’s what
you need to have the request processed:
1. A copy of the Exam Fee (ESL Supplement 154) $120.00
2. A copy of the fee to attach the ESL supplement to your credential. $77.00 (This
must be completed in order for the district to recognize that you have that
3. Copy of your updated certification.
4. Sign a commitment form (required by state) that you will continue staff
development concerning ELL students. (this form can be sent to you through
Contact information: ReDavis@irvingisd.net or RLopez@irvingisd.net 972-215-5055 at the Admin
To attach your ESL supplement to your credential follow these steps:
To do this you will need to go online to the SBEC website: http://www.tea.state.tx.us
create a username and password
go to applications
adding certification by test
follow the prompts to pay
Also, this certification qualifies the teacher to attend the ARISE classes in 10-11 and
receive a $1,000.00 stipend in fall of 2011.
If you have lost your receipt:
To obtain the $120.00 receipt:
1. Go to www.texes.ets.org
2. Log in with your username and password
3. Click on Admission Ticket
4. It will have a list of all the tests you have taken or registered to take
5. Click Print on the test admission you want. We need both pages.
To obtain a receipt of your fee, for the $77.00
1. Go to: http://www.tea.state.tx.us
2. log into your SBEC account,
3. click on "Application/Fee Status"
4. click on the "View all my Ecommerce transactions”
5. Click on the date for details
6. “Print a receipt" link on that page.