March 11, 2000
The seasons are caused by the tilt of the
earth as it journeys around the sun
during the year.
• There are four
The changing seasons affect
plants, animals, people, and the
• Squirrels gather nuts. They store nuts in
places like hollow logs. Then when winter
comes they will have some food.
• Monarch butterflies fly to warmer places in
• In the summer time people wear lighter
clothes to keep cool.
The amount of daylight increases
and decreases with the changes
of the seasons.
• When the days become longer it is spring .
• When the days become shorter it is winter .
Some materials protect people
from cold weather better than
• People wear coats , jacket and scarves in
the winter time.
• People wear short sleeves, shorts and
sandals in the Summer and Spring
Summer is the season between spring and fall.
• Some characteristics of summer are:
– The weather is usually hot in most areas.
– People like to engage in outdoor activities such fishing, swimming, boating,
and ball sports during the summer.
– Trees and flowers bloom and grow, and fruits, nuts and vegetables ripen
enough to be eaten and enjoyed in the summer.
Thank You for watching this presentation and
I hope that you have enjoyed it.