Layers of the Earth
Directions: Answer the questions about the inside of the earth.
1. A scientist who studies the earth is called a __________.
2. To hypothesize means to:
A. Read C. Make and Educated Guess
B. Make a Guess D. Cut Apart and Observe
3. The thin outermost layer of the earth is called the _________.
4. The layer below the thin outermost layer is called the __________.
5. The center of the earth is called the __________.
6. The layers of the earth vary in width and __________.
7. Which layer of the earth is the hottest?
A. Crust B. Mantle C. Core
8. Which of the following statements is true?
The mantle of the earth is made of solid nickel and iron.
The crust of the earth is made of solid nickel and iron.
The inner core is made of solid nickel and iron.
9. The __________ is the thinnest part of the earth.
10. The __________ is the thickest part of the earth.