*** Topaz ReMask™ for Intel Mac V3.0 Release Notes ***
4. System requirements
5. Program Features
6. More information
Topaz ReMask 3.0™ is a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and other graphic programs (called host programs)
that support Photoshop plug-ins on Intel-based Macs ONLY. It has been tested with:
Adobe Photoshop Elements 6-9
The installer will automatically detect and
install for Adobe Photoshop CS3 - CS5 and Elements 6-9, unless you have installed Photoshop into a
After installation, Topaz ReMask 3 will be installed in the following folder:
"Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Topaz Labs/ReMask3/", under which you can also find the
User's Guide, the plug-in file, etc.
If your Photoshop is installed in a customized location, you will need to
manually create a link inside folder "<Photoshop install folder>/Plug-ins/" that links to "Macintosh
HD/Library/Application Supports/Topaz Labs/ReMask3/Plugins".
2. Running Topaz ReMask 3
Because Topaz ReMask 3 is a Photoshop plug-in rather than a standalone program, you won't be able to
run it directly. To access Topaz ReMask 3, open up an image in Photoshop (or your other compatible
image-editing software). Topaz ReMask 3 will be located in the “Filters -> Topaz Labs” menu.
need to open an image and unlock the image layer or create a copy of the original image layer in order to
access the Topaz Labs folder in your PS Filter Menu).
When you first install the
plug-ins, Topaz ReMask 3 will be in demo mode. All functions are available except the ability to save. In
order to save the processed image, you need to enter either a purchased license or a 30-day fully functional
trial key, which you can obtain here:
You may buy the
product online through our secure ordering system:http://www.topazlabs.com/store
To enter your trial or license key, please open up an image in Photoshop and go to Filter -> Topaz Labs and
select ReMask 3. Once the program opens go to Menu -> Enter Key. You can then copy & paste or type
your key in your trial or license key.
4. System Requirements
It is recommended that you have at least 1 GB of RAM. Topaz ReMask 3
is a very computationally intensive and you'll need a fast computer to run it at acceptable speeds. Topaz
ReMask 3 supports multi-core CPUs, which increases rendering speed substantially.
This installer is for
Mac only. For the Windows version please visit our website at:
5. Program Features
Topaz ReMask 3 makes
removing unwanted backgrounds from your image quick and simple.
New ReMask 3 Features include:
• Speed Boost. Increase in processing speeds.
• Auto Layer Creation. Option (enable / disable in preferences) to automatically create a new
• layer (in Photoshop CS3 and above only) when invoking the plug-in.
• Color decontamination technology to help solve color bleed issues.
• Split screen options. 2-screen view or 4-screen view.
• New Brush Tools. Single color selection (with color range slider) and dual color
• Sticky mode (in preferences) to modify the dual-color selection process.
• New Refining Toolset. Mask adjustment (strength and hardness sliders) and
• foreground color (recovery and desaturation sliders).
• Better hair detection and selection technology.
• Layer Mask Option (in preferences). Let Topaz ReMask automatically create and
• a layer mask for non-destructive editing.
Some additional program highlights are:
• Auto updater. Get software updates instantly.
• Image quality improvement: We have had another breakthrough in technology that allows an
unprecedented precision and simplicity over masking.
• Precise cutting for delicate and complex images, allowing you to remove unwanted backgrounds
and image elements while preserving edges and other intricate details.
• Makes masking hair and transparent objects, and removing unwanted colors simple and quick,
while maintaining image transparency without the effects of edge halos or leftover color artifacts.
• Reduce the time spent on masking images by cutting out the need for clipping paths, multiple
selections, multiple layers and masks.
• New User Interface with multiple image views.
• Undo / Redo buttons: Undo and Redo up to 8 steps. (For the first time in any Topaz program)
• Better memory capabilities.
• Shortcut hot keys. For example, use the spacebar to switch between the original and the
processed images, the + and - keys to zoom in / out of the preview
• Enable / disable
tool tips. Option to enable or disable the pop up tool tips.
6. More information
We highly recommend that you read the “Topaz ReMask 3 User’s Guide”, which
explains how to use the plug-in. You can access your User's Guide by going to HD -> Library -> Application
Support -> Topaz Labs -> Topaz ReMask-> Docs and select the User's Guide. You can also download the
User's Guide and view ReMask tutorials on the online at:
Need help or have comments? Please contact our support specialists online at:
For more information and updates: