C L I N T O N E. A U S T I N
Clinton.E.Austin@gmail.com • 786.208.4736
W EB D EVELOPER / S YSTEM E NGINEER
TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph / Strong military operations , intelligence, & communications background
Accomplished and technically sophisticated IT professional and Air Force veteran with 12 years of hands-on
experience. Proven record of deploying Microsoft technologies and tools to support strategic organizational
goals. Adept in managing budgets, guiding planning sessions, and building high-performance technology teams.
Particularly effective in quickly understanding the needs of the mission and developing detailed action plans.
• Project Management • Web Development • Team Leadership
• Network Administration • Technical Documentation • Information Security
• Budget Administration • Test Development & Execution • Knowledge Management
• Training & Development • Help Desk Management • Business Continuity
• Process Improvements • Quality Assurance • Application Development
Platforms / Servers: Windows XP & 2007, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, UNIX, Linux, Apple, Cisco, SQL
Server 2005 & 2010, MySQL, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
(MOSS), Microsoft Office Communication Servers (OCS) 2007, Microsoft Active
Directory, Virtual Box, VMWare Server/Workstation, ColdFusion 9
Tools: Adobe CS5 Suite, SharePoint Designer, Adobe ColdFusion 9, Visual Studio 2010
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITEL) ® Foundations V3 Certified
UNITED STATES SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND, SORDAC-SRSE / CACI / 2011-Present
Information Technology Subject Information Expert
Provide consultation on various technical and military topics to senior leadership on the subject of J6 processes,
network management, system engineering, knowledge development, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle construct, and
wed development. Develop and maintain complex, interactive SharePoint and ColdFusion web sites across
multiple classified networks by utilizing multiple programming languages and techniques. Provide knowledge
management and content management best practices across multiple programs to allow senior leadership make
better decisions. Administrator for a classified database that is utilized by 2400+ users across Special
Operations and National Agencies.
• Member of the SORDAC Portal User group as a technical advisor to SORDAC - SRSE
• Authored several technical white papers to the SORDAC PM Intel on the next generation business
environment / portal; participated in the Way Ahead group to help guide future SharePoint requirements
• Lead technical engineer for SRSE for the migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
• Technical advisor on future database programs while advising on the current database programs
• Designed as the Integrated Survey Program (ISP) technical advisor and for the SRSE program
CLINTON E. AUSTIN PAGE 2
Professional Experience Continued
• Documented, coordinated, and informed PEO-SRES and PEO-SOF Warrior leadership on USSOCOM
COOP process and assisted on restoring customer capabilities
• Local Android and IOS technical expert
AIR FORCE SPECIAL OPERATIONS HEADQUARTERS, A6 / TechSystems / 2010-2011
Provide technical engineering and management of SharePoint projects for the Application Development Team for
HQ AFSOC. Duties to include performing as the technical lead on defining requirements and specifications,
testing and integration in a lab environment, and managing the live deployment.
• Leverage knowledge of server technologies by increasing performance on SharePoint front end web
servers and increasing backup storage to 12 TB
• Lead engineer for the Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 R2 implementation for AFSOC;
capable to support of 5,000 users during 1st phase and federating with Air Force partners
• Developed and fielded a technical solution to address SharePoint duplicate files; addressing files with a
5% variance and generating reports for site owners to action.
• Coordinated with Microsoft and HQ AFSOC engineers to bring onsite Microsoft SharePoint Engineer to
optimize current environment; addressing long term configuration issues
• Front end developer for various AFSOC SharePoint themes and utilizing knowledge of JQuery to
develop custom web parts for the SharePoint environment
IT CONSULTING • 2007-Present
Manage day-to-day operations of IT consulting company offering range of services, to include web design,
custom application development to stream line business processes, hosting, e-commerce solutions, online
marketing, SEO, and copywriting. Partner with clients to recommend and implement tailored, cost-effective
solutions that ensure website reliability and security. Drive sales and marketing efforts to promote business
growth. Brought in by name to serve as senior IT consultant to validate project implementations, author
responses for government Request for Proposals, customer expectation management, and oversee total life cycle
of various IT projects.
• Successfully implemented and hosted 30 commercial websites over 5 years.
• Authored and deployed several marketing campaigns, increasing website traffic to 3,000 visitors
monthly, resulting in 40% sales growth.
• Awarded “Small Business Development Program” by Pensacola Chamber of Commerce
• Develop HIPAA complainant business applications to streamline medical transactions
• Local HIPAA Web Hosting to include email integration
11TH INTELLIGENCE SQUADRON / SAIC / 2008-2010
Application Developer | Project Lead
Supervised project teams of up to five employees in creating client’s web presence. Established hardware and
software requirements to enable successful web development and dissemination environment. Create testing
environment with minimal downtime. Additionally served as Content Manager, Database Administrator, and
CLINTON E. AUSTIN PAGE 3
Professional Experience Continued
Graphic Artist. Developed and maintained multiple applications, such as product tracking, web blog, mission
accomplishment reports, evaluation team currency reviews, training material storage / dissemination, and more.
• Built web dissemination shop from the ground up, which involved planning, budgeting, implementing,
and testing AFSOC global platform
• Developed the first web dissemination platform (ASP.NET) in the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
community; became the standard for intelligence platforms
• Saved $100K in costs by developing multiple virtual testing environments to ensure 0% downtime
during production roll-out phase.
• Developed online recall database, which reduced roster management personnel 66%.
• Developed a 8,000 custom vehicle database to allow easy identification of vehicles operating in the in
the AOR; Army, Navy, NSA, CIA, and the FBI requested access
• Supported future business development by co-authoring documentation of Multi-Int Analysis and
Archive System (MAAS) capabilities.
• Contributed to achievement of two prestigious awards: “Excellence in Program Performance: Technology
Development and Analysis” and “Air Force Association Citation of Honor.”
US SOUTHERN COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, J2 / CHENENGA FEDERAL / 2007-2008
Web Developer / Application Engineer
Served as Webmaster for 50,000 documents and processed 750 intelligence documents monthly. Ensured full
compliance with all Air Force and divisional requirements and standards. Implemented solutions for 2007
SharePoint using Visual Studio 2005 and SharePoint Designer. Developed 30 web parts for various classified
networks. Provided data services to 250K war fighters at 21 sites throughout southwest Asia through aggressive
increase in workload and simultaneous decrease in manpower.
• Saved $1.2M in training costs by developing in-house technical training program covering SharePoint
Administration, HTML, Content Management, .NET programming, and SQL.
• Achieved 99% accuracy in data dissemination, facilitated use of RSS feeds, and enhanced support of
international units by overhauling SQL 2005 database.
• Streamlined production requirements from 20 to 8 developers and improved business processes by
researching, acquiring, and integrating new technologies into site design.
US SOUTHERN COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, J3 / 2004-2007
Manager: Network Administration, IA, Web Development, & Training
Directed 20 employees in providing security, administration, and web development support for U.S. Southern
Command (USSOUTHCOM) HQ. Administered $10M IT budgets for 5 locations. Ensured reliability and
security of communications network to facilitate dissemination of critical information. Supervised 11-member
web development team tasked with redesigning division’s Intel page. Managed COMSEC, EMSEC, and
COMPUSEC programs. Led overhaul of operations websites, which consisted of 26,000+ files and 400 broken
links. Received Air Force and Joint Service Commendation Medals for exceptional performance in areas of web
development, training, network security support, and systems administration.
• NCOIC of System Administrator for Special Technical Operations (STO) on MAJCOM level
• Trained to newly assigned manager to ensure seamless leadership transition while sustaining daily
• Served as Microsoft SharePoint Administrator and played key role in meeting HQ USSOUTHCOM
requirements for dissemination. Oversaw installation, configuration, and maintenance of SharePoint,
including user access and administration.
CLINTON E. AUSTIN PAGE 4
Professional Experience Continued
• Guaranteed operational continuity and no loss of resources through four major hurricanes.
• Selected as Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) of the Year, Air Force Southern Command
Communications and Computer Systems, 2005.
• Lead briefer to USSOUTHERN HQ on Special Operations Forces operations in the AOR
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE ● 2000 - 2004
Network Administration & Helpdesk Manager
Administered and maintained 2,200-user Microsoft engineered LAN at Buckley AFB, AFSPC HQ. Conducted
diagnostic testing, monitored network security, recommended software / hardware upgrades, analyzed network
performance, and coordinated projects. Trained 10 employees on Microsoft System Operations and Cisco switching
• Administered 7 Microsoft 2003 servers and processed 250K emails with 99% availability.
• Eliminated 5 vulnerabilities on 2,400+ systems in 1 month to meet compliance deadline.
• Played key role in maintaining 99.9% operational ready rate by flawlessly performing over 500
• Allowed for seamless transition to state-of-the-art systems with no mission degradation by creating
operations guide for new mission processors.
• Lead technician during a 6 month deployment at F.E. Warren AFB. Ensured the base meet with Air
Force Space Command regulations three months ahead of schedule
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Science in Internet Systems and Software Technology
BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY, Bellevue, Nebraska
Associate of Science in Computer Network Administration
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF THE AIR FORCE, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Alabama
Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND)
SANs 401 GSEC Security Essentials Boot Camp
Web Development and Programming Course – New Horizons Computer Learning Center