TO: Transportation Supervisors
FROM: Bruce D. Little, Senior Transportation Consultant, 303.866.6655
Greta Bleau, Senior Transportation Consultant, (303) 866-6656
DATE: July 1, 2009
SUBJECT: New Annual Small Vehicle/Multifunction Bus Operator Written Tests
Enclosed are masters for the following materials:
1. Small Vehicle/Multifunction Bus Operator Written Test #5-2009, and answer key
2. Small Vehicle/Multifunction Bus Operator Written Test #6-2009, and answer key
3. Small Vehicle Operator Written Test Answer Sheet
4. Activity Trip Small Vehicle/Multifunction Bus Operator Rules from 301-26, effective
July 1, 2009
5. Mountain Driving, Adverse Weather Driving and First Aid information (July, 2009)
The enclosed tests #5 and #6 replace tests #3 and #4 that have been used since 2003.
The new tests are based on the following enclosed reference material:
1. Small Vehicle Operator Rules and Regulations from 301-26, effective July 1, 2009
2. Mountain Driving, Adverse Weather Driving and First Aid information (July, 2009)
Please follow these procedures for the new written tests:
1. Dispose of all older tests, (test #3 and #4), to avoid older tests being taken.
2. The enclosed tests are your master copy. Please reproduce the tests, answer sheet,
and answer key/references for your needs.
3. Please have the drivers mark their answers on the answer sheet and not the test itself.
This will reduce the amount of paper needed to be kept in the file.
4. Make sure the top of the answer sheet is completed. Especially the score and the test
number (5 or 6). A passing score is 84% or higher (4 wrong answers or
Transportation Supervisors July 1, 2009
New Annual Small Vehicle/Multifunction Bus Operator Written Tests page 2
5. Discuss incorrect answers with the driver.
6. After completion, file the test answer sheet in the driver's qualification file.
All enclosures should be placed in Section S of the Colorado School Transportation
Administrator's Reference Manual. Please mark off TR-60-09S on the Check List
page at the front of the manual. Please remove and dispose of TR-29-03S.