Creating Hyperlinks in PowerPoint Tutorial
Hyperlinks are a very useful element to add to your PowerPoint. By placing hyperlinks throughout your
presentation you can easily navigate back and forth through your presentation without scrolling through
numerous slides. Hyperlinks change your presentation from a predictable and limited chronological
sequence to an interactive experience which encourages multiple connections between slides and topics.
To insert a hyperlink:
1. Highlight the piece of text or object you wish to
2. Right click to bring down a menu.
3. Scroll down the menu to “Hyperlink”. It’s
towards the bottom of the menu.
4. Click on “Hyperlink”
5. You will get another menu called “Insert
6. On the left side choose “Place in this
7. To the right you should now see a list of all the
slides in the presentation. Click on the slide you
wish to link to
8. You should now see the slide you clicked on in
the small box to the right
9. If this is the correct slide click “OK” in the lower right
You have now created a hyperlink. The text or object should
have changed color to indicate that it is linked.
If you wish to remove a link
Right click on linked text or object to bring down a menu
At the very bottom of the menu you will see “Remove Hyperlink”. Click on this to eliminate the hyperlink