Information session for learners
• Some of the content within this session is
sensitive and may be difficult to discuss
• If you would like to talk about any issues
raised, please speak to the trainer or a
What is Safeguarding?
Working in small groups, discuss what do
you think ‘Safeguarding’ might mean?
Have you come across
this term before?
If not, what do you think
it might mean?
Anything which causes you or us to be
concerned that you or others might be
at risk of significant harm…
But not everything will be referred on –
only what needs to be.
What the College would do
Learner has concern
about self or another
May go back
Tutor/ other staff
Refers on to outside
Dealt with in-house Refers on to others
and monitored for support of learner
(internal or external)
How safe do you feel in College?
• Do you feel safe? Why/ why not?
• What would you do if you felt unsafe for any
• Do you feel you would be listened to?
If you have concerns, you can talk to:
•A Safeguarding Officer
•The Student Union
Doncaster College’s Safeguarding
You can contact the College’s
Safeguarding Designated Officers
• Tel: 01302 553741/553509
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org