This is a Contract between Red Barn Bed & Biscuit (hereinafter called “Kennel”) and the pet owner whose signature
appears below (hereinafter called “Owner”) for services for ____________________________________ (hereinafter
1. Payment is expected for services at the time of discharge. Owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding in effect on the
date Pet is checked into the Kennel as posted on the Schedule of Fees. Pets picked up after 9:30 am will be charged
full boarding rate for that day. Should Owner fail to bring dog food for their Pet, the Owner agrees to pay a fee of
$3.00-$5.00 per day for the Kennel to provide dog food, depending on the size of dog and amount of food given.
2. By signing this Contract and leaving the Pet with the Kennel, Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information
given about said Pet to the best of their knowledge.
3. Kennel shall exercise reasonable care for the Pet delivered by the Owner to Kennel for boarding. It is expressly
agreed by Owner and Kennel that Kennel’s liability shall in no event exceed fair market value for the Pet boarded. The
Owner further agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said Pet while it is in the care of the
Kennel. Owner agrees to be financially responsible for kennel property damaged by Pet. Reasonable costs for damage
will be payable upon pickup of Pet
4. Owner specifically represents that he or she is the sole owner of the Pet.
5. Owner specifically represents to Kennel that the Pet has not been exposed to rabies or distemper within a thirty-day
period prior to boarding.
6. If the Pet becomes ill or if the Pet’s behavior is endangering itself, humans, or other animals, the Kennel, in its sole
discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian. All attempts will be made to contact the Owner of the Pet first,
however in the event of an extreme emergency the well being of the Pet comes first and appropriate action will be
taken. Medication will be administered as necessary under the direction of a veterinarian. The undersigned Owner
hereby gives the veterinarian and their assistants complete authority to treat Pet in whatever manner deemed necessary
by the veterinarian on duty. The Owner will be responsible for all veterinary charges upon release of the Pet.
7. All pets are checked for external parasites (fleas/ticks) upon entry to the facility. If any external parasites are found,
they will be treated accordingly and the Owner is responsible for those expenses.
8. Owner authorizes Kennel to use pictures of their Pet taken while participating in Kennel activities on its website and
in other promotional materials.
9. Per the Ohio Revised Code Section 4741.30, Owner acknowledges that if they do not pick-up their dog by the
scheduled pick-up time, they have two days to come and take possession of their dog. After two days, a certified letter
will be mailed to Owner stating balance owed and date that Owner must come and take possession and render payment.
After the stated date in the letter, the dog will be considered surrendered to and the property of Red Barn Bed & Biscuit
and Red Barn Bed & Biscuit has the right to make any and all decisions regarding the dog’s care and ownership, not
excluding the possibility of euthanasia, thereby surrendering the dog.
10. By signing this agreement the Owner indicates that he or she has read and accepted all policies listed in this
agreement as well as all policies on Kennel’s Schedule of Fees.
11. This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties.
Red Barn Bed & Biscuit Date Pet Owner Date