Ten Terrific Tips to Lessen Stress in Your Family
1. Show affection. Let your children know that you love them. Hug them often.
2. Listen to your children’s needs and help them develop their own problem-
3. Give your children some of your undivided attention every day.
4. Have weekly or regular family meetings to discuss family activities, routines,
and problems. Give everyone a chance to speak and don’t allow angry or
5. Talk about any changes or problems that are affecting your children, such as
illness, moving, divorce, or unemployment.
6. Use humor and empathy, not orders, anger, or sarcasm, when asking your
children to do something for you.
7. Examine situations that cause your family members stress and try to change or
avoid these situations.
8. Provide a feeling of security for your children by establishing some daily
9. Exercise regularly or participate in sports. Find activities that can be done as a
10.Don’t forget your children have problems, too. They need the same kind of
love, patience, and understanding that you do.
Source: National PTA
Managing Stress on the Family