PLEASE POST LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL DISTRICT PLEASE POST
810 WEST MARKHAM
LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS 72201
Posted: September 2, 2010
Closing Date: September 13, 2010
The Little Rock School District is now accepting applications for the following position for the 2010-11 school year.
Transportation Supervisor/Primary Dispatcher – Transportation Dept.
When applying for this position, please include the following: completed application (applications can be
downloaded from our website: www.lrsd.org), cover letter, resume, and a copy of transcript.
1. High School Graduate, minimum. Two (2) years or more of college preferred.
2. At least three (3) years of supervisory experience.
3. Evidence of ability to communicate effectively with the public.
4. Evidence of successful experience with parent and staff involvement in decision-making.
5. Must have computer data entry knowledge and experience with particular emphasis on word
6. Evidence of a strong commitment to quality desegregated education.
7. Evidence of ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST BE PREPARED TO SHOW EVIDENCE OF THESE
QUALIFICATIONS IN THE INITIAL SCREENING INTERVIEW.
Coordinator of Special Needs Student Transportation
To assist in supervising the daily operation of the Little Rock School District Special Needs Student
Transportation Unit. To assist the Director of Transportation with the support, skills, and knowledge
necessary to enable him/her to accomplish his/her job goals.
BASIC PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruits and supervises bus drivers.
2. Makes recommendations for employment and retention.
3. Takes an active role in solving discipline problems that occur on school buses.
4. Investigates school bus accidents and incidents.
5. Performs staff evaluations.
6. Assists in preparation and maintenance of records and reports.
7. Monitors drivers’ route performance.
8. Makes recommendations for future equipment and personnel needs.
9. Coordinates with principals and others responsible for planning special school trips.
10. Keeps drivers informed of laws and regulations.
11. Ensures that all drivers are licensed according to legal requirements.
12. Primary dispatcher for buses, drivers, aides, and monitors.
13. Assists in preparation and maintenance of budget information.
14. Attends appropriate staff meetings.
15. Supervises and operates base station for mobile radios.
16. Responds to after hour emergencies.
17. Periodic inspection of buses.
18. Assists with in-service for bus drivers.
19. Assigns all athletic and field trips when training supervisor is absent.
20. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or the Director.
SALARY AND TERMS:
PAY 02 Grade 55 - $32,256 - $56,880 - Twelve (12) month 250 day contract, plus benefits
package. NOTE: Precise placement on the salary range will be determined by experience.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on Evaluation
of Support Services Personnel.
September 13, 2010, or any time later until a satisfactory applicant is recommended and approved.
Little Rock School District
Human Resources Department
810 West Markham
Little Rock, AR 72201
INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION MUST
COMPLETE A VERY RIGOROUS SELECTION PROCESS. THEREFORE,
BECAUSE AN INDIVIDUAL APPLIES FOR A POSITION DOES NOT
NECESSARILY MEAN THAT AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONDUCTED.
The Little Rock School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equity concerns may be addressed to the Associate
Superintendent of Human Resources.
It is the policy of the Little Rock School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion,
national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.