Provision of Sanitary Latrine
Water Management facility
Robertson Memorial Primary School
under Scottish Universities’ Mission Institution
at Kalimpong, India
Rotary Club of Kalimpong, R.I. Dist. 3240
• The school was founded by Scottish
Missionaries to provide basic education to
• The present number of students is 550.
• Likely to increase to 1000 in the near
The existing Sanitation facility of
Robertson Memorial Primary
School (RMPS) is archaic.
The place stinks!
• To solve the Sanitation Problem of RMPS.
• By Rain-water Harvesting using Roof Top
of Diocesan Integrated Social Holistic
Action (DISHA) building located at the
upper slope of RMPS.
• Kalimpong Hill Areas having water supply
problem year after year for the past 5
• To make the native students aware of the
importance of Sanitary Cleanliness and
• So that they carry back experience gained,
to their own houses in the villages and
• They can also make their guardians apply
Roof-top Rain-water harvesting in their
• To encourage active Students’
Participation during implementation of the
• To make considerable cost-savings in
buying water from private Local Water
• Construction of Students’ Toilet Block 600 sq.ft. (including 10 toilets;
17 urinals; Wash basins; central passage; Ceramic Tiled Foors and walls;
Septic Tank for 100 users; Water taps etc.
• 7 nos. PVC Collector Water Tanks of 10,000 litre capacity each.
• Rainwater Gutter improvement of “DISHA” Building above.
• 6” dia PVC Pipe System to bring rainwater from “DISHA” building Roof-top to 7
Collector Tanks below.
• 2 nos. Distribution Tanks of 1000 Litres each on toilet block roof-tops.
• G.I. Pipe 1” dia to connect Main Collector tanks to Distributor Tanks.
• G.I. Pipe ½” dia for internal water distribution.
• Water Filtration System.
• Modification of Staff Toilet.
• Work Charged Establishment expenses.
International Sponsor invited
• Rotary Club of NORTH BERWICK;
• Rotary International District 1020;
• Any Other Club / District;
• Under Matching Grant Programme of
the Rotary Foundation.