Graduate-Level Course in
Earth and Space Science
No GRE requirement
— get the —
A C E A D V A N TA G E
100% online flexibility
Prepare to teach high school-level Earth and Space Science
This dynamic, 5-week, online course covers geology, astronomy, oceanography, and meteorology, preparing you
to guide students through the elements of Earth and Space Science.
• The convenient delivery method provides you with access to the course on your computer anytime, from anywhere –
allowing you to fit it into your schedule at a convenient time.
• Demonstration lessons and application assignments are included to supplement the comprehensive video and
• A lab textbook will supplement the online coursework additional support and material.
• Four quarter-hour graduate credits will be awarded upon course completion.
The five course modules include:
Earth in Earth Systems/
Origins Solid Earth Fluid Earth
Space and Time Earth Resources
Universe, Solar Interior of the
Hydrosphere Weather and
System, and Origin Earth, Plate Geologic History
and Atmospheric Climate, Earth
of the Earth’s Tectonics, and and Fossils
Energy Distribution Resources
Scholarships Available! The John F. Bookout, Jr. 2012 Scholarship Program, established
by the American Association of Petroleum Geologist’s Foundation, is providing 50% tuition for teachers
participating in the graduate-level GE501 Earth and Space Science course in June and July 2012.
Graduate-Level Course in Earth and Space Science
Who should take this course? Two offerings for
• Any teacher interested in learning overall content and strategy Summer 2012:
for teaching Earth and Space Science.
Term start: Apply by:
• High school science teachers in Texas, as course content aligns
with the skill standards required by law in Texas, known as 6/4/12 5/28/12
“Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).”
This course was developed in Tuition and fees
collaboration with the Ellison With the AAPGF scholarship, tuition is
Miles Geotechnology Institute at $290 for 4 quarter hours of graduate
Brookhaven College in Dallas, TX. credit. (Without the scholarship, tuition
Distinguished professor Rebecca Dodge, Ph.D., is $580.)
of the Midwestern State University Department of • Lab book, Applications and
Geosciences, teaches this course. She is a certified Investigations in Earth Science, $65
petroleum geologist and a licensed professional
• Application fee: $50
REBECCA DODGE, PH.D. geoscientist.
About American College of Education American College of Education is
American College of Education is committed to improving the academic accredited by The Higher Learning
achievement of our nation’s P-12 students, especially in high-need, urban Commission and a member of the North
areas. As an online graduate school focused on the unique learning needs Central Association of Colleges and
of educators, ACE provides affordable, results-oriented curriculum designed Schools (HLC/NCA).
to increase teaching effectiveness and advance student performance. Admission
With a range of master’s degree programs and subject-area Applicants must complete an online
concentrations, ACE equips educators with practical tools and strategies application for American College of
to apply better leadership, stronger curriculum, and new technology to Education, and choose the course for
add value to their school communities. graduate credit. The GRE is not required.
• Master of Education in Educational Leadership
• Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
• Master of Education in Educational Technology
• Concentration in Digital Learning and Teaching
• Concentration in Implementing K-6 Common Core
• Concentration in Louisa Moats Literacy Instruction
• Concentration in Teaching Science (The Sally Ride Science
Teaching Program) Learn more and apply!
• Specialization in Bilingual Education
• Specialization in English as a Second Language