PLANT DISEASE Name________________
28 Points Date_________ Per____
Working in Horticulture textbook, chapter 13, pages 183-194.
Questions and Definitions:
1. What are two things that cause most plant diseases?
2. What are the 3 types of microorganisms that cause plant disease?
3. How can bacteria get into plants?
4. Sketch and label the three shapes of bacteria.
5. What are the 3 most common diseases caused by bacteria?
6. What are 2 common diseases caused by viruses?
7. What are 3 diseases caused by fungi?
8. How do insects spread plant diseases?
9. What are the 2 plants disease caused by soil fungi?
10. List 2 methods of preventing soil-borne diseases?
11. What kind of plant diseases are spread by wind?
12. How do humans spread plant diseases?
13. What can we do to prevent the spread of plant disease by humans?
14. How can we prevent the spread of plant disease when watering plants?
15. Resistant varieties
For each of the following write down the cause and examples of the disease:
Cause Example Diseases (1 or 2)
18. Leaf Spots Bacteria, fungi Black spot of rose
Iris leaf spot
27. Mosaic and Yellows
28. Damping Off