Your Address line 1
Your Address line 2
Your Address line 3
Your Address line 4
Your Address line 5
To: Head of Environmental Planning
Essex County Council
Minerals & Waste Planning,
Environment, Sustainability & Highways
Application No: ESS/56/11/TEN
Applicant: T.W. Salmon & Co, T. & R. Fairly
Farms & Tabor Farms Ltd
I am writing to object to the above proposal on the
following grounds -
• The accuracy of the Agricultural Consultants
• Is the agricultural need justified, given current
and recent cropping?
• How much additional water extraction would be
required? Estimated at 13 million gallons.
• Observations by local well water users have
reported a drop in the water table in recent
• The extraction of minerals (Gravel and Sand)
are not part of the ECC Minerals plan.
• Pollution and hazardous disruption in
Carringtons Hall / Road areas for at least 4
• Destruction of woodland and wildlife habitats in
Long Cover, an ECC nature reserve.
• Impact on the use of public footpath as Haul
road crosses a public footpath.
• Noise, dust and light pollution from the removal
of material from the site, and pollution from
diesel pumps used daily from April - October.
• Damage caused to properties adjacent to the
site and along the B1029 caused by vibration
from heavy good vehicles. There would be an
additional 10,000-15,000 HGV movements
annually along the B1029 road, between
Primrose Farm and Ardleigh, through Burnt
Heath during the 4 year construction period.
• Myself and other residents object to
degradation similar to that at Slough Lane, with
damaged verges, spilt aggregate and dirt.
• A hazard from mud and gravel on the road
• Undesirable development at Primrose Farm,
including widening of an entrance which would
necessitate the removal of hedgerow to give
sight lines. This would become a major junction
on the B1029 on a bendy stretch of road,
subject to the national speed limit, which is
constantly exceeded and seldom policed.
• Loss of grade 2 “best and most versatile”
In summary, I believe the reasons given for the
planning application are spurious. The blight on
the area and to the lives of the local residents are
too high a price to pay.