Want an international career? Do you want to create a
reputation as a well-connected international business
professional in Alberta? Do you want to build exposure
and credibility with internationally focused companies?
OWIT Alberta is currently accepting applications for
several unpaid staff positions within this dynamic
organization – the hub for all things international business
OWIT Alberta has a busy year and a big vision ahead of it. This will include prestigious events, corporate
relationship building, international partnership expansion, expanding the membership base and cementing the
foundation of OWIT as Alberta’s International Business hub.
Summary of Open Positions:
o Director of Membership Development
o Director of Communications and Marketing
o Director of Corporate Relationships
o Director of Programming (2 positions, Edmonton and Calgary)
o Manager of Virtual Presence (reports to Director of Communications and Marketing)
All positions have a term of 1 year, renewable upon agreement of the Board of Directors. Time commitment is 5 hours
-Director of Communications and Marketing
The Marketing Communications Manager will provide a broad range of communications and marketing support to the
organization. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with volunteers to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies.
• Coordinate communications with the Manager, Virtual Presence to develop an overall strategy, and materials to distribute
to the public through virtual means (website, social media, email, etc)
• Provide writing and editing support for all outbound member communication including all promotional materials, website
content, a monthly newsletter and our annual report.
• Assist in developing new revenue sources through supplier membership, exhibits and sponsorships.
• Serve as internal liaison to the meetings department and other staff resources
• Create promotional materials for the organization as well as create new messaging to accompany these materials,
envisioning OWIT’s new direction
• Organize photography to capture our events and work with the Manager, Virtual Presence to best present these photos
• Requires excellent written and verbal communications.
• Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
• Resourcefulness in solving problems
• Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field is an asset.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include what personal and professional
goals you would like to achieve by obtaining this term, unpaid position, ie: increase your network and exposure to
increase the profile of your own business, or personal brand; gain experience in the field, etc.