Hawkes Learning Systems
How to get started with Hawkes:
Get your access code
Enroll in a grade book
Complete your homework
View your Progress Report
Take a WebTest
How to get your Access Code
1. Purchase your textbook and software
from your bookstore.
2. Locate the yellow sticker on your CD
sleeve located in the package.
DO NOT LOSE ME
3. Register your software:
Go to www.hawkeslearning.com or
Select the “I need an access code…” link
Click on Get Your Access Code
Register your License Number
Fill out the Request for Access Code form and submit.
Your access code will appear on the screen and will also be
emailed to you.
Fill out the form
Save your Access Code!
(You will need your Access Code each time you enter the software.)
• Your access code will appear at the top of the page. Select it, and Copy it.
• Be sure to save your access code on a USB flash drive for use both at home
and on campus.
Tip: Keep the original email with access code for reference.
Open the Software
1. Double click on the Hawkes icon on the desktop to open the
2. The first time you enter your code, you will copy and paste it and
will be prompted to save it. (Save to your computer or a USB
Enroll in a Grade Book
1. Choose your instructor’s name and section
2. Select Enroll.
Welcome to the Table of Contents
Select the assigned chapter and lesson from
Each lesson contains Instruct, Practice, and
This mode provides definitions, examples, instructional videos,
This mode offers unlimited practice problems. You can skip
through questions, choose the level of difficulty, and get help
from the Interactive Tutor.
This feature of practice provides Step By Step help and
a complete solution for each problem.
Use the keypad to enter mathematical notation or symbols,
such as exponents and fractions.
This mode is the homework that has been assigned to you.
Each assignment is mastery-based.
What is Mastery?
• If you get 80% of the questions in Certify correct, you have mastered the
lesson, and you will receive a 100%!
• This means you are allowed to miss a certain amount of questions and still
receive full credit for the assignment.
• You have unlimited chances to complete the assignment and will NOT be
penalized for starting over.
• The software will create a customized Practice session for you if you don’t
• This is an opportunity for you to learn the material and be successful in
When you complete your assignment, a certificate will appear.
Select the Save button and choose the location where you would
like it saved.
*You can also Print this code for your records*
Turn in your Homework
• If you are using a campus computer or at home with an
internet connection, your certificate will be sent to your
instructor’s grade book automatically.
• If you do not have an internet connection, you will need to go
to the Progress Report website to turn in your certificate.
Your Progress Report website is
Find your homework due dates
View your up-to-date grade
Access messages and communication tools
Check the “Status” column to see if your certification is
registered in your instructor’s grade book.
- Assignment completed on time (100%)
- Assignment completed late
- Assignment not complete (0%)
- Assignment still due
To turn in any assignment completed without internet
connection select the Submit Certificates tab.
• If you saved your certificate, choose “Browse” and
double click on the .SAV certificate file to submit.
• If you printed your certificate, click on “Type or Paste”
and enter the certification code.
• If you do not have an internet connection, you must
register the certificate ON or BEFORE the due date to
receive full credit.
• If you have an internet connection while completing
homework, ALWAYS check to make sure your certificate
was sent to the grade book.
To take any online test assigned to you or to create your own practice
test, select the WebTest option from the Table of Contents screen.
To take an assigned test:
1. Select Take Test
2. Choose Assigned Test
To create your own test:
1. Select Take Test
2. Choose Practice Test
At Home: Install the Software
1. Install the software by inserting CD #1 in your computer and follow
the directions of the setup wizard.
2. When prompted for your Hawkes Course ID enter:
If you do not have internet access choose:
“This computer does not have internet access.”