FLORIDA LICENSES & CORPORATIONS, INC.
FLORIDA CONTRACTOR EXAM PREP SCHOOL
1150 NW 72ND AVE SUITE#720
MIAMI, FL 33126
COURSE OF GENERAL, BUILDING, RESIDENTIAL CONTRACTOR:
Course duration: 4 MONTHS
SATURDAY 8:30 a.m.-01: 00PM
Objective: To prepare those wishing to license the State of Florida as General
Contractors, with the best techniques to study the books required by the state and the
most important tips to pass the exam.
** Status examination may be in English or Spanish. The books are in English only.
If students cannot read English, not a hindrance, since the exam questions are
identical to questions from the books. The course teaches you to find where the
question with your answer is.
Cost: $ 1,000.00
Cost of books: Approximately $ 900.00 (Taxes Included)
The books are not included in the price (see table of prices for books and use them)
This course will prepare efficiently for the exam: General Contractor (No limit
on Construction), Building Contractor (3 floors), Residential Contractor (2
What can a licensed General Building, Residential Contractor do?
These licenses enable you to direct, control, and take responsibility in construction.
Without the General Contractor, Building, Residential Contractor cannot obtain a
permit for work.
General, Building, or Residential Contractor signed no plans or structural calculations
(That is done by an architect or engineer.)
Those who qualify for a license to Contractor:
-Over 18 years
-Must have Social Security
-4 Years of experience in building accredited by a General Contractor, Building
Inspector, Engineer, or Architect
-If the student has a professional title relating to the construction of another country is
credited with 3 years and must provide proof of a General Contractor, Engineer or
Architect of this country for the remaining year.
The course consists of several modules:
1. Basic Math
2. Mathematics applied to construction problems
3. Study, Interpretation and Troubleshooting planes
4. Accounting and finance applied to business
5. Review and theoretical orientation in the books of studies
The state exam is presented in 2 Days:
* On day 1 review is presented of Business Administration and Finance
* On day 2 presents the review of Contract Administration and Project Management
The application fee for the exam is $ 135.00 for (Professional Testing Inc.) and $
80.00 for (DBPR)
-The exams are taken in: Miami, Orlando, Palmetto, and Tallahassee.
-The test dates are every two months: February, April, June, August, October, and
Books for the course:
1. A.1.A DOC: G-701, G-702, G-703, G-706A
2. A.1.A Documents A-201
3. A.1.A Documents A-401
4. A.1.A Documents A-701
5. Application & Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products GA-216
6. BCSI 1-03 Guide to Good Practice for handling, Installing, & Bracing of
Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
7. Builder’s Guide to Accounting
8. Code of Federal Regulations (OSHA)
9. Contractors Manual 2009
10. Design & Control of Concrete Mixtures
11. Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida
12. Florida Building Code, (Building, Residential, and Existing)
14. Placing Reinforcing Bars
15. Principles & Practices of Commercial Construction
16. Walker’s Building Estimator
$900.00 (Taxes Included)