Business Development Division
Position: Director of Marketing (Sales focused)
Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Hire Date: Immediate
Company: RightsFlow® Inc.
Location: New York, NY
RightsFlow offers Music Licensing & Royalty Services to artists, labels, distributors, and
online music services. We specialize in obtaining bulk mechanical, DPD, and ringtone
licenses including streaming, tethered, and limited downloads rights. Our proprietary
‘FLOW’ system allows us to license, account, and pay royalties directly to the Harry Fox
Agency (HFA) and the thousands of music publishers not represented by HFA. Today,
RightsFlow services over 1,500 labels, distributors & music services for mechanical and
DPD licensing and royalties.
We are seeking an experienced New York based, Director of Marketing with a minimum
of three to five years marketing experience to help market product and service lines and
drive bottom line sales. The core emphasis will be marketing and selling products and
services to independent artists, labels, distributors, and music services - related
experience to lead RightsFlow’s sales efforts and new product launch. This position will
report initially to the President and CEO.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Success and experience managing accounts achieving genuine sales goals with
• In-depth experience in media planning and spending including social media
• Confidence to work in a high-intensity, entrepreneurial start-up environment
• Strong business administration, marketing & sales skills
• Excellent communication & interpersonal abilities
• Ability to travel approx 10-25% of time (near clean driving license)
• Report on activities and provide relevant management information
• Develop and target new customers and leads through liaison with internal staff
and plan managing through Salesforce CRM reporting tool
• Bachelor’s degree (MBA/MA preferred). Prior experience with selling mass
market product and services. Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive
outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit driving bottom line
sales results. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own
performance. Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with senior company
executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to
see things from the other person's point of view. Well presented and
businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a week per month
within the US. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability on
exceeding sales targets. Able to get on with others and be a team player.
Experience or knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of the digital music
industry a plus.
Scale and territory indicators:
• Initial core product: mechanical licensing service. Targets: established
independent artists, labels, distributors, and online music and media services.
New product market entry offer into the following artist driven markets: high
schools, colleges, universities, and social networks with revenue of
approximately $x per annum. Prospect database c. 12,000 organizations
(existing database of c. 1,500) Territory: US & ROW.
• Commensurate with experience
• Salary plus bonus of up to x% based on achieving performance targets and
• Medical, 401k
Contact – Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RightsFlow, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
# # #