STATE OF CALIFORNIA Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor
OFFICE OF THE ADJUTANT GENERAL
9800 Goethe Road - P.O. Box 269101
Sacramento, California 95826-9101
CAJS-J1-SP January 12, 2009
MEMORANDUM FOR All Military Department State Civil Service (SCS) Employees
SUBJECT: State Personnel Policy Memorandum 2009-01
Memorandum from the Department of Personnel Administration dated Jan 9, 2009
1. In my last correspondence you were advised of the situation concerning the State of California
Budget Crisis. The attached memorandum from the Department of Personnel Administration
details a furlough plan that will begin on February 6, 2009. This furlough will affect our SCS
2. Director Gilb’s memorandum provides three provisions for the furlough. The Military
Department will institute a self-directed furlough plan as described in the memorandum.
Guidance with regard to our implementation of this plan will be published as we receive more
information from the DPA. His memorandum is attached and can be found on the following
3. For further information on any potential furlough issues, specific furlough programs, and salary
reductions you can visit our website listed above where we will post updates as we get them.
Please contact the State Personnel office at (916) 854-3310 if you have any questions.
4. The Military Department greatly values the support our SCS workforce provides our Soldiers,
Airman and our facilities. We also understand the challenges that pay reductions cause our SCS
families. We are doing our best to minimize hardships as a result of these compensation changes.
5. The California Military Department is committed to supporting our SCS employees to the
maximum extent possible and will continue to provide updates to impacted personnel as soon as
they are available.
FOR THE DIRECTOR, JOINT STAFF:
Jeffrey W.Magram (9 Jan 09)
Enclosure JEFFREY W. MAGRAM
As Stated Lieutenant Colonel, CA ANG
Director, State Personnel Programs
A, F and M