Drama Department Lesson Plan Unit: Ashley Potter Lesson: 11 of 12
Context of lesson/ what previous learning has taken place?:
• Students should have drawn up their own rehearsal schedules for the last five
lessons and should now be ready to perform their pieces.
Learning Outcomes/ what do I want students to learn?
• To work independently to create a devised performance
• To watch a performance with a view to writing an evaluation
Objectives/ what will I teach?:
• What they should be commenting on when evaluating work
• Assess the devised performances according to GCSE criteria.
• Give students five minutes to sort their performances and equip themselves
with paper and pens
• All groups should perform one at a time. Audience should be making notes as
they will be writing an evaluation next lesson.
• Take verbal evaluative comments after each performance – use questioning
skills to deepen students responses – it is not enough to state that they liked
Jimmy’s character – they should state exactly what they liked: use of voice/ facial
expression/ gesture/ movement.
• Students should be able to justify all their comments.
• Evaluation of the working process after the last five lessons – was that easy?
Was it difficult?
Out of Hours Learning: Differentiation/Learning Styles:
• Start thinking about evaluation of the V, A and K.
• paper and pens
CD player might be needed.