PAID STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
WOMEN/CHILDREN'S SHELTER SHIFT MANAGER
SCOPE: Supervises the Women/Children's Shelter to provide a compassionate witness
for Christ as the basic physical and emotional needs of homeless, low-income families
and single individuals are met.
1. Performs, and supervises the performance of compassionate witness contacts with
the walk-in guests, program members, volunteers, interns, and the general public while
performing designated job functions.
2. Performs interview of walk-in guests or Women/Children's Shelter guests when they
are asking for assistance, including shelter, transportation, financial aid, medical
assistance, counseling and referrals as necessary.
3. This position is personally responsible for answering and directing the shelter
telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner; directing incoming calls, and
taking correct messages for unavailable staff and other personnel.
4. Maintains control of guests and Women/Children's Shelter environment, including
inspecting premises regularly, attending to guests' needs, and enforcing rules.
5. Completes reports, guests records, call-in log, shelter statistics, miscellaneous paperwork for
the Women/Children's Shelter guests, the walk-in guests and program members.
6. Receives and accepts donations, performs other duties as delegated by the
Women/Children's Shelter Manager.
7. Cooperates with other human service agencies to provide guests with needed
8. Supervises guests, program members, volunteers, and interns in the cleaning and
upkeep of the Women/Children's Shelter, Office, reception area, and adjacent areas to
insure safety, health, good appearance and good repair.
9. Maintains open communication with other paid staff, program members, volunteers,
10. Assists the Women/Children's Shelter Manager in recommending changes in or
additions to agency policies and procedures affecting Shelter operations.
11. Informs church and civic groups of the Lighthouse Mission ministry through
telephone contacts, correspondence, public appearances, and tours of the Mission as
requested by the Executive Director or supervisor.
1. Provides supervision of the Women/Children's Shelter, includes direct supervision of
program members, interns and volunteers.
2. Cooperates with the Women/Children's Shelter Manager to promote spiritual growth
in guests and program members.
3. Represents Women/Children's Shelter to other Human Services agency personnel.
5. Reports to the Women/Children's Shelter Manager.
1. Must possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals primarily with
low-income and homeless people.
2. Must demonstrate Christian maturity and be active in a local church.
3. High School diploma is required.
4. Must be able to meet and converse with people in a courteous, pleasant and
professional manner in person or on the telephone, and be tactful in handling unusual
situations that arise from time to time.
5. Must have physical conditioning necessary to work in an emotionally stressful
6. Must be a self-starter, with ability to supervise individuals with difficult personalities.
7. Must be disciplined in their lifestyles.