Trade Union Services and Industrial Relations Department
Mission: To ensure industrial peace and harmony through the promotion
of social dialogue, tripartite cooperation and collective
Vision: To have a society where peace, stability and harmonious
industrial relations are maintained in all workplaces.
Details of Customers
1. Employers of Labour and their organisations.
2. Workers and Workers’ Organisations/Trade Unions.
3. The General Public.
1. Handling of trade disputes declared between workers organisations
And employers at the national level
2. Monitoring and prevention of industrial relations problems of national
3. Registration of trade unions.
4. Handling of issues on trade unions jurisdictions.
5. Auditing of Trade Union Accounts.
6. Investigation of complaints on industrial relations and trade union
1. Trade disputes between employers and workers’ organisations at the
national level should be settled within fourteen (14) days or referred
to the Industrial Arbitration Panel after 14days without arriving at a
2. Issues arising from monitoring of industrial relations situation are
handled at the discretion of the Director (TUSIR) or Permanent
3. Applications for registration of trade unions should be processed
within 3 months and the certificate issued. All fees collected should
be paid into government Treasury within 24 hours, and the payee
issued with Treasury receipt.
4. Complaints on trade unions’ jurisdictional scope should be resolved
within one month.
5. Trade Unions’ accounts should be audited at end of each financial
Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM)
All complaints to be directed to the Ministerial Nodal Officer Mrs. Ifeoma
Room 4B-212, 2nd Floor,
Federal Secretariat Complex Phase 1,
Maitama, P.M.B. 04, Abuja
1. Employers of labour and workers and their organisations should
comply with the provisions of the Trade Disputes Act, Trade Unions
Act and the joint agreements reached with workers’
2. Employers and workers and their organisations should be willing to
resolve issues through dialogue and should respect each other’s rights.
3. Employers and workers should consult the Ministry for advice and
clarification on all issues pertaining to industrial relations and trade
unions organization and activities.
Fees for Trade Union Services:
a) Registration of Trade Unions N20, 000.00
b) Filing of Annual Returns N20, 000.00
c) Cost of Certificates N15, 000.00
d) Alternation of Rules N3, 000.00
d) Change of Address of Trade Unions N500.00
f) Authentication of documents N1, 000.00
e) Forms for registration N5, 000.00