Tuesday 28th February1 2012 by 9MI8374q

VIEWS: 3 PAGES: 5

									                               NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                              BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE


                                       St. Pancras International
                                     Neighbourhood Policing Team
                                        PACT Meeting Minutes




       Chairperson                     Brian Lynch
       Summary: Author:                Minutes and Actions: Steve Smith
       Department:                     PACT Meeting – St. Pancras
       Date:                           Tuesday 28th February 2012



                         ACTIONS ARISING FROM THE MEETING

 ITEM      ACTION                                           WHO
                                                                          BY
 N/A       N/A                                                            N/A
                                                            N/A


PRESENT: STANDING MEMBERS
             Names             Representing
         PS Steve Smith        BTP

        Jason Donnelly         East Midlands

        Helene Tsoighani       Isle of Flowers

         Alywn Hurlock         NR (CTRL)

          Brian Lynch          NR (CTRL)

         Lucy McAuliffe        NR (CTRL)

         Corinne Lovell        NR (CTRL)

         Jeremy Amusu          NR (CTRL)

          Keith Jordan         Sourced Market



                                      Page 1 of 5
                               NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                   BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE

            Peter Alderin           Searcys/Grand

            Gabor Bunth             Renaissance Hotel
          Darren O’Rourke           Paramedic

              Tony Ellis            HS 1

             Gita Naran             Neals Yard

          Jonathan Barker           Chaplain

          Amanda Hajnady            AMT



1. APOLOGIES / INTRODUCTIONS
             Nia Mellor             BTP

          Donal MacCraith           BTP




2. MINUTES FROM THE LAST MEETING
PS Smith ran through the actions from the last meeting:
                            ACTIONS ARISING FROM THE MEETING

ITEM      ACTION                                                  WHO
                                                                                  BY
5.3       ACTION NCP staff to record joint patrols with BTP                       COMPLETED
          officers and have these in the log
                                                                  Derek


3. PACT Meeting – UPDATES
3.1       Darren O’Rourke - there will be an increase of staff for the Olympics and for the
Para-Olympics around the stations. Also for a best response of the ambulance call 999.
For the retailers is best to dial 999 from they stores because is more easy for London
Ambulance to locate the call.
3.2       Renaissance hotel - raised concern about the patrols outside the hotel. PS Smith
said that firearm teams and response officer will conduct the patrols.
3.3       The Grand - didn’t have anything to report but PS Smith stated joint patrols at night
will be conducted by BTP and Network Rail.
3.4       Source markets, Isle of flower, AMT, high speed train they dint have no issue to
report.

                                            Page 2 of 5
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                   BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE

3.5    East midland train - stated that the last train will be leaving St Pancras at 00:30 (that
I believed for the Olympics period needs to be confirmed).
Also Jason stated that pass few weeks East Midlands trains have been received 3 letters
from passengers regarding Big Issue Sellers at the entrance of station. (PS Smith said all
big issue seller must have a badge). Also PS Smith explained the lack of understanding of
public regarding BTP ground.
3.6    Star bucks Joseph spoke about the evacuation alarm he stated that they heard the
evacuation but no message to say that it has been completed. Brian Lynch will raise the
issue with network rail control.
Also Joseph raises the issue about the homeless at night. Jonathan Barker replied to that
the situation going to be worse with the homeless and him and his team are working hard
to sort out a secure accommodation for them. Jonathan Barker mentioned that a group of
pastors and himself will be trained to deal and help any person who had difficulties around
the station.
Joseph added Starbucks are happy to see uniform officers at the station in the early
mornings.
3.7    Brian lynch spoke about the issues raise on last pact meeting he believed that
development on Pancras Road will finish end of March.
He informed all retailers that it is best for them to receive their delivery early hours of
morning and also Midland Road and Coach Road will be opened all day.
Also talk about CCTV: CCTV from FCC is very good and CCTV will be playing a big part
for the Olympics.
At this time CCTV need to be improve at (AMT) concourse.
- length of time of CCTV needs to be confirmed.
- shops must stop come in person and requested CCTV they will have go thought BTP.
3.8    Retail operations - stopwatch radio is a very good system. And for the period of the
Olympics all shops will have a radio but they must use them. The shops will be getting the
radio at the end of June but only to cover the Olympics and Para Olympics.
3.9    Retails operations - On Friday 2nd March 2012 Project Argus will be held at St
Pancras. Information will be giving to all staff and shopkeepers on how to react if the
station should have to deal with a terrorism attack - it will be good for the retail staff to
attend.




                                            Page 3 of 5
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                   BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE

4.      UPDATE PROBLEM SOLVING PLANS:


               OUTSTANDING PROBLEM SOLVING PLANS
            Problem
            Solving
                                         Progress                         Owner
              Plan
           reference
          Coach
                     Issue: Delivery drivers have become
          Road
                     abusive to railstaff.
          Delivery                                                         SS
          Drivers
          Coach Road

          Barley
                        Issue: Assaults on Initial cleaners
          Shed
          Toilets       2 assaults on Initial cleaners during the          SS
          St. Pancras   night
          Station



NEW ACTIONS FROM THIS PACT MEETING
                          ACTIONS ARISING FROM THE MEETING

 ITEM      ACTION                                                   WHO
                                                                                  BY
 N/A       N/A                                                                    N/A
                                                                    N/A


5. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

5.1 PS Smith gave an update on crime figures at St. Pancras for the past 6 weeks.
5.2    PS Smith said good result with the shop radio
5.3 PS Smith said that firearm officers will patrol St Pancras soon
5.4    PS Smith stated to all retailers to brief staff about passenger looking after their
belongings.



6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
None
      7. NEW PRIORITIES IDENTIFIED




                                             Page 4 of 5
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
                                   BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE



                        NEW PRIORITIES IDENTIFIED
                                                              Problem Solving
                     Problem                         Owner     Plan Needed?
                                                                  (Yes/No)
        Anti-Social Behaviour                   SS
                                                                    No
        Theft of Passenger Property            SS                   No
        Theft of Retail Property               SS                   No




8.   NEXT MEETING:

     Date: Tuesday 17th April 2012
     Venue: Station Reception Meeting Room, St. Pancras Station
     Chairperson: TBC




                                           Page 5 of 5
                                    NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

								
To top