Terry M. Whitham
Delaware State Police
P.O. Box 818
303 Transportation Circle
Dover, DE 19903
TO: All Communication Center Managers
REF: 2011 Annual APCO Telecommunicator Award Nominations
Local Award Period - March 1, 2010 - February 28, 2011
National Award Period – April 1, 2010 – March 31, 2011
Dear Communications Center Manager,
Our nation's "Telecommunications Professionals", comprised of the telecommunicators, administrators,
supervisors, radio and IT technologists, and call-takers are our first line of defense for homeland security.
Each year the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials, International, Inc. (APCO)
celebrates National Telecommunications Week during the second full week in April.
The Mid-Eastern Chapter of APCO, consisting of Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia, hosts an
awards program in an effort to provide prominent recognition to our winners while also honoring our other
nominees in the various categories. Our 2011 awards luncheon will be held as part of the spring
chapter meeting in April. Our nomination and award process includes:
1. Exclusive use of APCO International’s award forms so all local winners (except unit citation) can
be forwarded to APCO International for inclusion in their overall awards program.
2. A booklet outlining a brief excerpt of the overall award nomination for winners and a listing of
nominees will be distributed at the awards luncheon.
3. A specific excerpt of the winner’s nomination will be read during award presentation for all
winners, with names of runner-up nominees being read during presentation of certificates.
Nominations are now being accepted in the following categories:
1. Telecommunicator of the Year
2. Line Supervisor of the Year
3. RF Technologist of the Year
4. IT Technologist of the Year
5. Information Technologist of the Year
6. Center Director of the Year
7. Trainer of the Year
8. Team Award
Attached are the nomination forms. Please E-mail your nominations to the appropriate awards committee
member for your area as listed below no later than March 2, 2011 at 4 p.m.
Delaware Awards Terry Whitham firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland Awards Sharon Lechowicz email@example.com
DC Awards (District/Federal) Chuck Nash firstname.lastname@example.org
Your participation will guarantee another successful awards program to honor our peers.
Terry M. Whitham