INSTRUCTION TO BIDDERS
1. Bids are to be opened in the office of Tipton County Public Works.
2. Bids are to be opened at 6:00 p.m., Monday, May 7, 2012.
3. Bids will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m., Monday, May 7, 2012.
4. Bids received by mail must be in a separate envelope with the name of bidder
(company name), contractor license number and date of expiration, company
mailing address and telephone number. Classification of Bidders License that
applies to this bid. Bidders must be licensed to bid in the State of Tennessee
and be in good standing with the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
(License must not be expired).
5. Tipton County Public Works reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids.
6. Bids not signed will be rejected.
7. Bid bond will not be required.
8. All bids must be regular in every respect and no interlineations, exclusions, or
special conditions shall be made or included in the bid form by the bidder.
9. The contractor shall submit daily plant reports covering all materials used for
each days work. Plant reports must be received by the Tipton County Public
Works Department before payment can be made.
10. The contractor will be required to furnish the asphalt cold mix design prior to
beginning of work.
11. All materials must meet the requirements as set by the Tennessee Department
of Transportation, Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction,
most current edition.
12. The award of this bid shall be for a period of one year, beginning July 1, 2012
and ending June 30, 2013.