JOB TITLE: Digital Distribution Intern
JOB CODE: WB-DD
DIVISION: Digital Distribution
REPORTS TO: VP Europe
LOCATION: Central London
SALARY: £17,500 per annum
DURATION: 12 Months, commencing July 2011
CLOSING DATE: January 17th 2011
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1. Participate in collating and analyzing data for tracking European digital initiatives against
predefined goals, DVD business performance, VOD/EST transactions. Summarizing and
reporting back on key findings and trends.
2. Investigate and research potential new digital customers using internal and external data
sources compiling and presenting key findings to management.
3. Investigating and summarizing new technology and devices that can upload Warner Bros
digital products, becoming competent in trialing and demonstrating devices and download
4. Investigate and track competitor activity both promotional and new entrants/business
models in key markets. Providing reports and updates to management teams – quarterly
5. Monitor popular and new destination sites
6. Assist in developing and implementing new digital processes – i.e.) metadata.
7. Provide general ad-hoc day-today support as and when required – administration, T&E
support for Digital VP and Director of D2C.
8. Provide administration support for pan European marketing initiatives.
To complete these projects the role need to liaise with our affiliate and licensee territories
across International markets. You will need to be a confident communicator with the ability to
follow through on projects ensuring timely completion
1. Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint and some experience of
using databases preferred.
2. Strong analytical skills and experience of working with data programmes preferred.
3. Experience of using the internet for research purposes.
4. Business Studies, Finance or Marketing undergraduate preferred.
5. Excellent GSCE and A Level (or equivalent) results.
6. Must be well organized and disciplined with the ability to plan and priorities workload
7. Must be self-motivate, focused and be able to work with limited supervision.
8. Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature
9. Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
10. Some previous work experience and an interest in films.
11. An additional language would be an advantage.
12. An interest in new technology/gadget, social networking sites.
- 2011/2012 -
Please complete this application form, copy and paste it into a new file, and return it
together with your current CV by email to email@example.com
*Please ensure you quote the correct vacancy reference code in the subject title of your
Title and reference number of preferred intern position:
Course of study:
Predicted Final Grade:
Course Modules Studied: (where applicable please indicate grades achieved)
Please explain why you are applying for an internship at Warner Bros and specifically
why this position? (Max 250 words)
What do you hope to gain from this internship? (Max 150 words)
What skills and attributes do you believe you are able to bring to Warner Bros. and
this position in particular? Please make specific reference to skills you have acquired
through other work experience. (Max 150 words)
Please give details of a time (either in a work place or at university) when plans
haven’t gone as expected. How did you overcome the problems? What did you learn
from the experience? (Max 300 words)
We sell films and TV series to a number of customers such as itunes, Tesco.com,
blinkbox.com to rent (VOD) or own (EST). If you were asked to analyze the sales
performance of such customers how would you propose we look at the sales data
they supply to measure, monitor and compare these customers – what metrics,
would you suggest are the things we would want to look at and why.
Download or streamed a movie or TV episode from a UK PC service – what was good
or bad about your experience.
(Beginner/ Intermediate/ Fluent/ Native)
Where did you hear about this placement? (Please Delete Others)
Rate My Placement Website
Word of Mouth
Direct through Warner Bros
Other – Please Specify: